A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Priority with vibrate tag and constraints
Posted: 21 June 2021 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2017-01-08

Hello,

I have this basic rig with an IK spline and i am using a vibrate tag to test the rig.

It seems to be lagging one frame behind all the time though. Not sure how i should setup my priorities and in which object. Could you be so kind to take a look please?

scene file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx03pvcd415rl3q/headphones rig.c4d?dl=0

Many thanks,
Thanos

Posted: 21 June 2021 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Thanos,

Thanks for the file, and for using DropBox.

Could it be that the refresh of the Editor view, which is constant updates, will lead the Spring Constraint to move?
Since the editor view is not a reliable source for priorities or processes that update/change over “real” time (vs. scene time).

Press play and stop at any time. Now press shortly the a key. … and again. Now hold the a key down. See what happens? Is that the “delay” you are seeing?

The only way to fix that is to select the Null that is constrained to the Spring, call up Cappucino, and “bake” the movement of the Spring influence, then switch the Spring off.

By the way, if you use the five Null Objects in a MoGraph Tracer> Connect all Objects, while in B-Spline mode (Uniform Intermedia points, e.g., 24), you do not need to the Spline IK. You get the same result.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 21 June 2021 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2017-01-08

Thanks a lot!
Oh yea i know the tracer trick, im just trying to learn some rigging.

So spring object is the issue here. Many thanks

Posted: 21 June 2021 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Got it; thanks for the feedback, Thanos.

To get the essential advantage of the Spline IK would require to be to have lots of Joints along with it, and with this, the cable length would stay the same.

This might work nicely with a round cable. If you use a twin cable, or anything else, there are many chances that it flips. Which would require a rail spline for the Sweep. If you can get away with the simples way, I would do so.
If your render engine can turn Splines into a “solid”, explore that perhaps.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]