A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

updating some tutorials to s24?
Posted: 10 May 2021 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2021-04-30

I was recently doing the door/window tool tutorial and ran into multiple issues where UI verbage and location has changed and its not acknowledged in the tutorial. It would be helpful to add annotations or just remake the tutorial for c4d s24.
The best examples of this is when you are asked to make the caps a fillet, which is no longer an option   and the cap options available now are not similar to fillet (that I could find).

I love cineversity tutorials! Keep it up!

Posted: 10 May 2021 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi cj,

Yes, you are spot on, and it pains us that this gap exists. Sorry about any inconvenience that this causes.

What was called Cap, Fillet, or Fillet Cap is now just Cap with the option to define the Bevel in a much-refined way.

Fillet/Bevels and Caps have the same option for predefined selections R1, R2, S1, and S2 as before.
https://help.maxon.net/c4d/s24/en-us/Default.htm#html/OEXTRUDE-ID_CAPSANDBEVELS.html#CAPSANDBEVELS_STARTBEVEL_TYPE

I assume you have explored this already, and it was meant perhaps more as an example. When you look at the help content, the amount of new options certainly requires a new tutorial. But yes, a hint at each tutorial would be fantastic.

I work on an idea, work-title “Take Five”, but I need more input from other MAXON trainers on that.

Again, sorry for the trouble, and yes, we wish there would be a simple fix that gives after each new release a “P.S.” to the existing material.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]