A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

MovesByMaxon: Missing captures
Posted: 10 May 2021 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2021-03-30

Hi!

I’m new to Cinema 4D as I usually work with Blender but have been using Moves by Maxon for face capture. I have been doing lots of tutorials/looking at the Reddit threads for issues but I can’t seem to find a solution to this issue.

Last week I successfully downloaded all of the captures from the Maxon app on my phone to my laptop. This was no issue. I attempted to access all of the captures through ‘Extensions>Moves by Maxon’ but they’re all missing.

All of the files for the captures are still on my Mac (including ‘.jpeg’ images for texture/UV Mapping, ‘movie.mov’, faceData.txt, faceGeo.txt, audio file and capture.info).

I need help bringing the captures back into Cinema 4D so I can work with them. I’ve tried relinking the files in Cinema 4D through ‘Extensions>Moves By Maxon>Edit>Moves Preferences>Download Folder’ but this still doesn’t work.

If I could get hand with either manually linking everything up again or finding an easy way out that’d be amazing.

Thanks!:)

Posted: 10 May 2021 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi A.Wain-18,

I understand that you have the original file of the capture with all the data located on your drive.

I assume that the Preference Extension/MovesByMaxon/Captures>Download is reset to default. (Button)

• Copy the folder with your capture content (the one that has that extended letter-number mix.)

• Then go to the Cinema 4D version you want to use with it.
• Open the Preferences.
• Click on the> Open Preference Folder (left lower corner)
• Inside of that folder, you will find: prefs> MovesByMaxon> Captures (folder)
• Paste the folder into Captures

• Restart: Cinema 4D
• Call up: Main Menu> Extension> MovesByMaxon

You should find the capture data you have pasted into the capture folder in the interface of MovesByMaxon.

All the best

P.S.: If you have a question, please use the Q7A forum. If a tutorial content creates a question for you, use the Help Button below that tutorial.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 11 May 2021 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2021-03-30

Hi Dr. Sassi,

Thank you so much for helping! Apologies for using the wrong forum - I tried to find the Q7A forum to compose this reply but couldn’t so if you could direct it to me that’d be great.

I successfully carried out the bullet points and the captures are now in the right place in Cinema 4D preferences(shown in 2nd screenshot. However, when I restarted the programme it didn’t have the captures in the extension pop-up itself still, hence I couldn’t use them in my 3D viewport.

I believe this is because the download folder is incorrect. However, when I search for the capture folder to link to it under ‘Extensions/Moves by Maxon/Edit/Moves Preferences>Download Folder’ I can’t find it.(shown in 1st screenshot)

I have included images below of the folders I have used for everything to make it a bit clearer.

I hope this isn’t glaringly obvious and I’m just making a really stupid mistake!

Thanks so much again
A.Wain-18

Posted: 11 May 2021 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi A.Wain-18,

Sorry, I can’t really see anything in these screenshots.

Have you reset the download folder, path. Then paste the content into it?

The Captures will not show up in the Extension Pulldown; they will show up in the interface that opens when MovesByMaxon is active and open.

I would suggest getting in contact with the support; it seems like a tech problem, they might have more options.
https://www.maxon.net/en/support-center/

All the best

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 11 May 2021 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2021-03-30

That’s really helpful thank you!

Posted: 11 May 2021 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re very kind, A.Wain-18, thanks a lot.

Please check your Cineversity Private Message (middle top of this forum’s site); I have sent you an upload link for the screenshots.

I will have a look at them if I could have them larger.

All the best

Signature 

NEW: