A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV_StopMotion vs 2D Vector Field
Posted: 04 May 2021 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-05-09

Hi!

I have a character rig with Userdata -> 2D Vector Field controllers. As soon as I set a keyframe in the 2D Vector field, the CV_StopMotion tag stops working for the entire object. All keyframes on the object are suddenly unaffected by the tag.

I have attached a simple scene to demonstrate. Two cubes with position keyframes and a user data vector field. The blue cube has a single keyframe in the vector field and as you can see it breaks the tag.

EDIT - C4D attachment was not allowed. Added a screenshot instead.

Hope it’s a quick and easy fix as I need it on the project I’m working on.

Thanks!
Ole-Marius

Posted: 05 May 2021 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Ole-Marius,

I’m not the developer of this plug-in. Reading that you are in the middle of a production and need this stop-motion result (“doubles” or “twos”), I want to give you a workflow, so you can finish your project.

In Cinema 4D, if your project is set to 24fps: Render-Settings> Output> Frame Rate, and instead of 24, use 12 there. Then in After Effects, while the Ae-composition is set to 24fp, Main Menu> Layer> Time> Time Stretch (200%)

This gives you exactly what clay-based Stop-Motion does, shoot 12 images per second, and repeat each image one time. It cuts your render time to 50% on top of that.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]