A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Using Platonic/Bucky with a Bevel deformer and subdivision set to anything but “0” causes object to disappear.
Posted: 01 May 2021 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2021-05-01

Hello,

I’ve recently switched from 3ds to C4d and I’m relearning tools. I’ve been playing with deformers and have found that if I create a “Platonic” then set the type as a “Bucky” and add a Bevel deformer to it. It looks ok until I adjust the “Subdivision”. If I move it from “0” to 1 or any other number for that matter the object disappears. If is set it back to “0” it will show up again. Also if I go back to the Parent Platonic and change the “Type” to anything other than “Bucky” it will re-appear, but disappears again as soon as I change it back to “Bucky”.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks,
Rick

Posted: 01 May 2021 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2021-05-01

Quick update on this.

I played a little more and found that if I shut off “Use Angle” the object will re-appear. So then I turned on “Use angle” again it disappeared. So I adjusted the “Angle Threshold” and found that if I drop it from the default of “40” down to “37” or above “42” the object will re-appear also. But going above “42” causes the beveled Chamfer edges to go away.

Things that make ya go “Hhmmmmmmm”

Posted: 01 May 2021 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your update.

Thanks as well for pointing this out. I will write a report about it.

Sorry that your initial impression is stained with that.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]