A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Moving From One Tutorial to the Next
Posted: 20 December 2011 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-07-18

I began watching “Creating a template”.  Once I was finished with the first lesson I click on the next button to view the second but I cannot get the second tutorial to play.  I tried it as a play list but the next will not play either.  Is there a setting that I should have my browser at?  I am using Firefox 7.

Posted: 20 December 2011 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

I’m sorry you are experiencing difficulties with this…there are bound to be a few little things here and there that still need to be smoothed out.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I did try out the tutorials and everything seems to be working fine on my end.

To help clarify, when you click on the next button in the single tutorial view does it switch to the playlist view automatically.
If so when it switches what exactly is happening?

Posted: 20 December 2011 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2008-07-18

I select Tutorials and select page 2 which displays the “creating a custom template, parts 1 - 19”.  I choose one of the tutorials and the tutorial begins to play.  When the tutorial is finished the tutorial stops.  I hover over the blue box right pointing arrow and it has a description of next tutorial.  When I select it the screen switches to the play list.  It lists all of the tutorials included 1 - 19.

To the right of the play list is a “white screen” - (I assume this is the video area) which has the next tutorial’s name at the top with previous and next buttons to the right and left, but nothing loads to play.  I click on the play list’s tutorial lists to try and get it to play but nothing happens.

I do get the previous/next buttons to move to the next tutorial in the list but nothing plays.

Then I have to start the cycle over again.  Choosing the main category Tutorials and go to page 2.

I tried to use Explorer rather than Firefox but I get the same results.  No real big deal as I am learning a lot, but thought maybe you might like to know that maybe a bug exists (or maybe my browser security is doing something to me)

Posted: 20 December 2011 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Can you open the firefox console (Ctrl-Shift-J or Cmd-Shift-J) and see if any errors are reported (we’re really only concerned with those in Bold or Red)?

Posted: 21 December 2011 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2008-07-18

I have listed the red/bold errors below.

Error: console is not defined
Source File: http://www.cineversity.com/fp/flowplayer-3.2.6.min.js
Line: 24

Error: console is not defined
Source File: http://www.cineversity.com/search/tutorials/
Line: 3400

Error: COT is not defined
Source File: https://www.cineversity.com/user/update_payment
Line: 316

Posted: 21 December 2011 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2008-07-18

I have found the problem and as usual it was me.  I tried to switch videos on my other computer and it worked great.  I began investigating and found out that my version of firefox on this computer was several versions ago.  So now I have the latest and everything is working great.  I apologize for the confusion, but I do appreciate, as always, the time and effort you take to have the best product and training available.

Happy Holidays to you all.

Posted: 21 December 2011 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Thanks Satiu77 for the additional information, very nice of you.

Happy Holidays

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.