A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Node-based Materials: How to Create a Texture-Based PBR Material with an easy-to-use Interface
Posted: 10 October 2020 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2018-04-14

Hi Jonas,
This episode is fantastic. A great explanation for which I Thank You!
Cheers, Anders

Posted: 12 October 2020 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for taking the time, Anders/Chicago.

I’m sure Jonas will like your comment.

Enjoy.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 08 June 2021 12:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2020-01-22

I get an error in the Resource Editor:

Error saving databases:
Couldn’t open file. (file:///C:/Program Files/Maxon Cinema 4D R24/plugins/Redshift/res/nodes/com.redshift3d.redshift4c4d.nodes.module.db.json) [iofilehandler_impl.cpp(422)]
Cause: Errno #13: Permission denied [iofilehandler_impl(422)]

I’d like to make it a start node, but I get hung up here.

Running S24.035, Windows 10 pro

Posted: 08 June 2021 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi caren.padc,

The scene file from R19 will not work in S24 since the Progressive Render is no longer part of the application.

It is possible to convert the file and have it running in Standard or Physical Render in S24, but the setup for Redshift 3d would be different. The Sky Object with the radiance should be an RS Dome Light with an OpenEXR.

(Note that a Radiance is a low-quality HDRi source, to begin with, to just save it as OpenEXR will not improve anything).
A Radiance (.hdr) file is a 4*8bit/channel file (NOT a 32bit/float per channel at all, which means that the color information is relatively limited.

The idea of this tutorial was to create a kind of a “normal” material interface with nodes under the hood. That doesn’t feel really Redshift3D like.

With some differences in the Node system (RS3D v. C4D), here is the file with Cinema 4D’s node system as a starting point.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/qC1lFbDTxDaHAVPiwdJCGy1b4zNpmgfxsar3otYKvth

I hope you can get what you want, and enjoy the material despite all the recent changes.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 08 June 2021 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2020-01-22

Thank you for your reply, Dr. Sassi.

Even when I use a brand new file in S24 I get the same error. I also tried the file you saved, and I still get that error.

I do have Redshift installed, but can I not use the standard node/renderer?

Posted: 09 May 2022 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-05-10

Hi,

I came across this post when I got the same error as you did. I was able to resolve it so thought I’d share.

If you go to the file location that is shown in the error, right click on the file and go to Properties > Security > Edit. I gave both groups and users full control and did a restart of C4D and it now works. You have to do this to both of the files in the nodes folder:

com.redshift3d.redshift4c4d.nodes.module.db
com.redshift3d.redshift4c4d.nodes.module.db.en-US

Hopefully that helps someone out there.

Thanks,
Andi