A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Creating a Coral Reef: Building a procedural coral asset using Volumes
Posted: 22 July 2020 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2020-07-21

First off, I’m a 16 year old and very new to 3d modeling.. So, as I’m following along with this great instruction, I reach 6:45 in the video where I’m told to open the lesson 5 folder (Lesson_05_ExtraCoral_assets.c4d) in order to have a variety of other corals. My question is: Are these pre-builts available to me somehow or should I figure out how to build similar ones myself using what the video has taught so far?

Posted: 22 July 2020 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi erupmi,

Since I can’t see the download file (time out problems – I hope the file is soon split up and provided only as needed for each part)

You might have a look at part one where an element is created, and later on, it is animated via Mesh Deformer.

Have you checked out the last part of the downloaded content?

Sorry to be so blurry, but I really can’t access the file.

What I can offer, in the Q&A forum, if you have a question to a single part (per thread), or more, please let me know at which time in the tutorial it is visible and what part you like to have some input.

Sorry again; even a download manager gave me a hard time.

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 24 July 2020 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2020-07-21

The file the instructor opens is at 6:45 in the “Creating a Coral Reed: Populate Reef with coral using Mograph multi-instances”

I am confused on how to even access the file with the prebuilt content..

Posted: 24 July 2020 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi erupmi,

Yes, there is a problem:
https://www.cineversity.com/forums/viewthread/4132/

From my many tries, I think I can say with some certainty that around three minutes of a download, the server cuts the connection for security reasons (I guess). I do not have an option to get 1.6GB per minute here, even if we have a new modem since this week. I assume the time out was set for security reasons.

I’m not clear why that was all put into one zip file, instead of packages for each tutorial part. My apologies for your inconvenience.
From my exchange here in the forum (CV1+CV2, since 2006), with many artists over time, from around the world, I know with certainty that many people do not have broadband access. Even last year someone asked how to get the Content Browser download in smaller packages, while that server has no time out at all.

I hope this will be cleared ASAP. We should know better, so, again, sorry.

On the other hand, he goes pretty detailed through the process, and I think it is anyway a good idea to do it COMPLETELY on your own.
I have listened to around 6,500 tutorials (VFX, Compositing, and 3D) in the past two decades [plus].
After all these years, it became clear what I really own (AKA know) is the stuff I had done on my own. Here especially when I even recorded the tutorial, to begin with. I have concluded with no doubt that thinking ” I got that” while just watching a tutorial has only a certain and minimal time of survival. Except you use it from thereon. You’re “milage” might vary, of course.

I will try as before to download this package daily, and if I have luck, I will post here again.

My best wishes

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 24 July 2020 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2020-07-20

not able to download the project files. always breaking while downloading.

Posted: 24 July 2020 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi sujay,

Thanks for your interest in this material.

We are aware of the problem, and I can’t say at this point anything else than I have written in post #3 (above).

However, I’m really sorry that you have to experience this at all, it shouldn’t be that way.

My best wishes

Signature 

NEW: