How to remap weights by renaming exports and reimport
Posted: 28 May 2020 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2020-03-23

I’ve got a project that I’ve been working on for a while, I have a mixamo animation that works great, but I have a model that is weighted to it’s own rig. I need to copy and paste the mixamo rig, over the old rig, so I’m exporting the weights with CV-Export-All.

I get 900 files, because it’s a huge model. All internal parts are provided for the human body, but it needs to be animated.

I an doing a python batch rename of the weights, so that they match the mixamo rig.

That part works fine, I now have a folder of weight files, matching all of the body parts, with mixamo rig deformers and weights.

When I use CV-Import All, I get the following

Joint Index mismatch mixamorig:Hips[3,2]
Joint Index mismatch 
mixamorig:Hips[4,2]
Joint Index mismatch 
mixamorig:Spine[5,3]
Joint Index mismatch 
mixamorig:LeftUpLeg[6,4]
Joint Index mismatch 
mixamorig:RightUpLeg[7,5]
Joint Index mismatch 
mixamorig:Neck[8,6]
Joint Index mismatch 
mixamorig:RightShoulder[9,7]
Joint Index mismatch 
mixamorig:RightArm[10,8]
Joint Index mismatch 
mixamorig:LeftShoulder[11,9]
Joint Index mismatch 
mixamorig:LeftArm[12,10]
Joint Index mismatch 
mixamorig:LeftToeBase[3,2]
Traceback 
(most recent call last):
  
File "C:\Users\m1_cu\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R21_64C2B3BD\library\scripts\CV-WeightScripts\CV-Import All or Selected Weights.py"line 76in <module>
    
main()
  
File "C:\Users\m1_cu\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R21_64C2B3BD\library\scripts\CV-WeightScripts\CV-Import All or Selected Weights.py"line 61in main
    weightTag
.SetWeight(int(weightList[i]), vfloat(weightList[i+1]))
IndexErrorJoint index out of range 

Any ideas what the issue could be?

 Signature 

Michael Cuneo | Creative Technologist @ The School of Creative Industries,
& Research Assistant to the Head of School.
The University of Newcastle, Australia.

+61 488 467 755
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

https://haldor.michaelcuneo.com.au/ // Private Server
https://www.michaelcuneo.com.au/ // Public Facing Server

Profile
 
 
Posted: 28 May 2020 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2020-03-23

I modified the script to log out the filename to the console, so I think I have figured out what the range issue is. There’s one root deformer called ‘Female’ which appears to be the root joint node. It seems to appear randomly throughout the entire project. I don’t have a ‘Female’ node to attach anything to, so I’ve been attaching it to the closest joint node in the mixamo rig… which is Hips.

 Signature 

Michael Cuneo | Creative Technologist @ The School of Creative Industries,
& Research Assistant to the Head of School.
The University of Newcastle, Australia.

+61 488 467 755
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

https://haldor.michaelcuneo.com.au/ // Private Server
https://www.michaelcuneo.com.au/ // Public Facing Server

Profile
 
 
   
 
 
‹‹ CV-SubDeformer      CV-Fireworks ››