A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

2 of 2
Extended Discussion: Animated Assembling Building, Part 3
Posted: 29 April 2020 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2020-04-11
Dr. Sassi - 29 April 2020 04:58 AM

Huanle5062, very kind of you.

It is all in the P.Y value of the Linear field. As I mentioned above, I changed that just a little bit, allowing the windows to fly into the final frame, but only a little bit. This was my sweet-spot between how it looks and how I have turned windows into a building to get them into the final position (I designed and built in the city of Berlin buildings over ten stories high, and I drew from that experience). Anyway, not important, you want to have them fly in and be flat with no corner peeking inside of the structure at all. The P.Y value of the Linear Field has been adjusted accordingly. Please have a look.

Project files
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/nGfMFmnQtvRMt43xjdqVirMz8UQ1gIuNthfcpR4Gr1H

It includes as well the test file, also fixed. What happens is here that windows intersect. I go ahead and assume that if flat montage all the way is wanted, then the intersection is not desired as well. If so, the Inheritance Effector solution is the way to go, which the initial source just being a copy (scaled) of the “building-polygon”. Now, no windows intersect, and no windows fly into the structure.

I have screen-captured with one frame per second what I see here, no intersection, and no flying into the building.

The project file, Screen capture
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/f8KeWgVHxrH7YCF5V1uREkAFl6bOviN7GRDH9ywx59S

My best wishes

Thank you Dr. Sassi! I will have a look later. It would take a while because I’m having a project to work on now.

Posted: 29 April 2020 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re very welcome, huanle5062, thanks for your reply.

Yes, please take your time. I hope I have not shared too much.

My best wishes for your project.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 02 May 2020 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Joined  2020-04-11
Dr. Sassi - 29 April 2020 06:28 AM

You’re very welcome, huanle5062, thanks for your reply.

Yes, please take your time. I hope I have not shared too much.

My best wishes for your project.

Hello Dr. Sassi,

You’ve been very kind to me. I somehow “solved” the problem by using push apart effector (hide). It was a fake way to do that.

Here is the file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rRuZrRYlGQDqOjsFePXPDHNd-hRZiZJB

The most interesting thing I found in your file was the trick with the light. You added a light so we could barely see the intersection of the windows. I can think of a luma mask.

I haven’t learned any advanced lighting technique in C4D yet, so I can’t create a proper luma mask. Also the problem is somewhat solved so asking for how to create a luma mask would be too much for now.

Thank you Dr. Sassi, have a nice weekend!

Posted: 02 May 2020 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re very welcome, huanle5062, thanks for the reply.

Yes, the Push Apart comes to mind, but this expands the scope of this tutorial. So I tried to keep it in the theme of the discussed content, as far as possible. Otherwise, each thread derails heavily here. For that, we have the Q&A forum, to move in any direction.

Exploring Cinema 4D certainly has a learning curve. To keep the steepness of the curve comfortable, the fora have different directions. In the Q&A, the themes are driven by a particular and individual target. Which typically sets a different starting point and motivation. A steeper gradient in the learning curve can be applied.

With the Tutorial Forum here, anything that loads more on top of the tutorial will perhaps break in the pleasure of learning. There is even something that I try to avoid here, to share things that provide the feeling of doing something more complex than the existing basis can solve.

Sure, everyone can say “do this do that”, and remote control an artist toward getting it done. This has two very distinct problems. The illusion is given to be at that level, and no need for the “basics” anymore to be acquired, and on the other hand, it has very little educational substance.

Education is not to push hard; good teaching is to provide anything that allows after a while to “think” in a system, in other words being fluent and creative in that specific area.

The opposite is to make just “cool-stuff” material and leave the basics out. The artist is left with a bag of non-connected tricks. This is a questionable approach.

We are not in school here, which means all material has undoubtedly to be very careful to not touch the typical “bad memories” from the schooling system, with its often misunderstood ideas of education.

Having said that, I hope you get an idea of what I’m trying to do here. It is not pushing the results to cool effects; I want to share as much as possible to have everyone owning the basics so well that real and fantastic development is possible. … and yes, I know it is tempting to do only the cool-stuff. Hence the split of the Fora. In the Q&A we can go anywhere.

Have a great weekend

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 03 May 2020 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Joined  2020-04-11

Thank you very much Dr. Sassi,

I do understand what you and Cineversity are doing here. I also prefer learning step by step from the basics, this is why I’m learning these basic topics first before getting into those VFX topics which I think is more advanced and can be found on Cineversity, Youtube or any other platform.

Cineversity is a great place to learn C4D and with the great people behind it like you, I’m sure it will keep growing. The best way to sell a product is having people know how to use that product. That’s a vision.

In my place, schools and training centers only want to take our money. Years ago I couldn’t afford university, and I don’t think I like school. This is why I prefer online learning solution, and it isn’t bad as long as we know the right way to learn. With the great people like you, online learning is a good option.

My recent project was a demo project. I was applying for a job, “lead video editor and trainer”, that what they said. I think their employees may have the problems you are talking about, those people can do cool stuffs, but they lack of the basics. The company is going to run a new long term project, and they want someone to offer a proper workflow and training solution so that their employees can do the tasks. I’m not saying I’m better than them, I just know the right things to make the job done, and it’s mostly the basic knowledges (like their employees do the gradings without color balancing). It’s a bit difficult for me because the most used is Adobe collection, I offered them Davinci Resolve. So they sent me the project files and told me to make a demo so they can decide if my workflow can do the job.

Thank you for sharing the knowledges!

Posted: 03 May 2020 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Yes, huanle5062, I can clearly see your point.

It is often that I feel more like a math teacher here, instead of the physics teacher who makes explosions and wild experiments. I started in a time where analog was the way to go. Large celluloid editing tables, etc. When digital started, there were no tutorials, and the web was dial-in.

I learned from books, and they were often well researched, like the Meyers books for After Effects in the late ‘90s.  So, my transition from analog to digital was seen from a different perspective.

Color correction is indeed wonderful, and I took several Color science course over at FXPHD, before diving into Color Correction a little bit deeper. Also, here, a good base knowledge is critical. I hope we will have with RedGiant more options to share more about it.
Color correction is part of a language, and if not understood, then it looks often just like copy-cat work. As I said, I think I get your point. It is often more about the why then the how, to begin with.

If you have a question, please ask in the Q&A, I’m happy to look into it. I never stopped learning, and the feature-film pipeline is since the analog days, one of my favorite themes.

I hope you get the job, fingers crossed.

Signature 

NEW:

2 of 2