A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Why does the Cloner make invisible objects?
Posted: 17 December 2019 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2014-03-14

I have a very complex model that involves several symmetry objects and a lot of cloners - unfortunately I can’t share it, so I can only describe what is happening.

I discovered early on that in this scene “environment” the cloner only generates half as many clones as requested. That is, if I put in for 16 clones, I would get 8. This seems to hold regardless of the mode - linear, radial, grid array, etc. If I bump up the input number to a total not divisible by 2, the output doesn’t change. However, if I double the number of clones I’m asking for (provided it’s divisible by 2), then I get a number closer to what I need. In all other ways the cloner performs as expected.

If I copy/paste the same cloner into a blank project, the numbers pop back to normal.

I thought this might be related to hierarchy and the symmetry object, but it doesn’t seem to matter where it is in the object manager. I’m assuming it’s something blindingly obvious that any fool should know.

Sorry I can’t be more forthcoming.

Posted: 17 December 2019 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi mford610,

What happens if you copy and paste the whole scene into a new project-file?

Are there any MoGraph Selections, or other selections?

I could send you an upload link, and keep things private.

Let me know how to proceed further.

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]