I was able to create the floorplan model very nicely with the House Builder preset, but about halfway through the extrude function for the interior walls began to get flaky. It shows up where two walls join in a “T” intersection. The cap along the top of the T becomes separated from the wall face, creating a gap.
Model is here (still getting that MIME issue on attachments)
I have two cameras set up pointing to the defective areas.
This is the second iteration; on the first version I didn’t start noticing the gap until far into the project, and thought perhaps I had done something to cause it. So I started over and kept track of how the walls snapped into shape, and very quickly found that intersections were problematic. Some are fine and some are not. Merging the flaky walls and creating new ones doesn’t fix it. And depending on which section I merge first, I get new gaps in walls that were fine before.
I’m about ready to go back to the polygon pen and just do it the old fashioned way, but this seems like a much quicker/flexible approach - if it’s stable. When I get to the end and everything is done, the “pop” the caps start splitting out like this, that would be very disappointing.
I’m sure it’s just a click box turned off or something simple like that