A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Unable to search forums
Posted: 15 October 2018 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2018-10-15

I’m unable to search forums via the main Search field, Advanced Search form, or the ‘Search this forum’ field found at the bottom of a forum’s list of titles.

I always receive a “This form will be sent in a way that is not secure. Are you sure you want to send it?” message.  Proceeding just redirects me to the Advanced Search form will all fields empty or at their default values.  No search results are ever generated, even when using known single words that should find items (e.g. common words found in forum topic titles such as modeling).

I’m running Safari 12.0 on macOS 10.14

Side note: I just tried submitting this topic to the ‘Cineversity Site Issues’ forum via Safari, but received the same error and the ‘New Topic’ form was cleared out.

I’m now attempting this with Firefox.  Firefox did give me security warnings though on parts of the site.  Something about resources (e.g. images) being mixed between being secure and unsecure.

Posted: 15 October 2018 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2013-12-06

Greetings Ricky

We are aware of a bug that Safari browsers do not allow users to post on our forums, search, or even submit email inquiries through the site. We apologies for this inconvenience. We recommend using a different browser until we are able to resolve this issue.

Best,
Michelle

Posted: 15 October 2018 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2018-10-15

Thank you, Michelle.  Please note that when using Firefox as a workaround, there are still security issues to deal with.  The main pages outside the forum seem to all be secure.  When entering the Forum just now, Firefox changed the secure icon in the address bar to a warning. While the URL to the forum is https, the warning states “Connection is not secure”.

It’s quite probable that Safari is being very strict and refusing to submit information on such web pages.  Even this very post will give me a warning in Firefox:

“The information you have entered on this page will be sent over an insecure connection and could be read by a third party.

Are you sure you want to send this information?”

Firefox will ultimately post the message if proceeding.