A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV-Splines problem with Redshift!
Posted: 29 May 2018 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-11-28

If I use CV-Splines with a Redshift scene the IPR keeps refreshing every time I select or highlight an object, or the cursor enters the viewport.

I’ve posted this problem in the Redshift forum, Got a reply saying that the CV-Object might be reported dirty so the PR keeps refreshing.

Do you guys think this can be fixed? Tks

Posted: 29 May 2018 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

We’re investigating - although I don’t think it’s going to be an easy issue to fix - caching and dirtyness in C4D is very tricky. CV-Splines actually already implements a fairly sophisticated caching mechanism, and in these cases it is returning the cache but something in the CV-Splines dirty check seems to be triggering Redshift to re-render. Hopefully we can track it down.

Posted: 29 May 2018 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-11-28

That would be great Rick. CV-Splines is an incredible tool that I can’t live without since I’ve installed it. Please keep me posted maybe we can talk with the guys from Redshift and they can help, they are awesome.

Posted: 11 October 2018 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-11-29

Hi Rick. Any update on this? smile

Posted: 14 November 2018 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-09-11

Hello,

I have the same issue but with Prorender interactive rendering. The scene keeps on updating. When I turn the CV-Spline outline object off then it renders fine.