7 of 11
CV-AR: Support
Posted: 10 February 2019 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]  
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2009-02-16
polypoint - 05 February 2019 05:52 PM

Hi, the image sequences from the CV-AR iPhone X do show a very high degree of compression artifacts. Is it possible to adjust the compression quality (on the cost of the file size)?

Hi polypoint,

Yes you are correct. The images are slightly compressed. I have added a note to included an option to set the image compression for next time there is an update. Unfortunately there is no way to set this yourself at present.

Best,
Kent

Posted: 10 February 2019 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16
slyjon - 08 February 2019 07:03 PM

hi!
running R20, and everything seems to be installed correctly. My PC is hardwired, and device is on wifi, same network.

The only difference from the tutorial is that i’m using the new ipad pro with FaceID. Could that be why?

It’d be great if this could work with the ipad, since i’m loving my pixel hehe

thanks!

Hi slyjon,

The QR connection method will still work if they are on the same network. Have you entered in the IP address of your computer into the CV-AR preferences?

If you are not able to get this going then you could use the new sharing method. Just share your capture to iCloud Drive, dropbox etc… and then just drag and drop the zip file that is created directly into the CV-AR dialog.

Best,
Kent

Posted: 10 February 2019 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi MikeC and gabriel swiss,

Just letting you know that I haven’t forgotten or missed your questions. I just don’t have any time allocated at the moment to dive into them. I hope someone else here on the forum will be able to jump in and take a look in the meantime. They require a bit more of an in-depth look at the workflow in order to be able to answer them correctly for you, and may require a video to really show the correct workflow.

Best,
Kent

Posted: 10 February 2019 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]  
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2018-11-08

Hi Kent

Thanks for your answer ... hard times for good Plugins ... smile

Anybody else who could press the Button «Bake BlendShapes» and see what happens?

Greez, Mike C.

Posted: 10 February 2019 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16
MikeC. - 10 February 2019 05:31 AM

Hi Kent

Thanks for your answer ... hard times for good Plugins ... smile

Anybody else who could press the Button «Bake BlendShapes» and see what happens?

Greez, Mike C.

Bake BlendShapes will bake the blend shape values onto the strength value of each Pose Morph. If you also have eyes tags on the model then it will also bake the eye positions as well. This should all be fully documented in the help files that ship with CV-AR.

I believe it is a workflow issue, but I would have to spend more time looking into it to see what happens if you have already sculpted your shapes and then press the Bake Button. But from memory I think you may have to bake these before you start your sculpting. If I find some time over the weekend I will take another look.

Kent

Posted: 10 February 2019 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]  
Joined  2018-11-08

OK, a missunderstanding ... it makes sense now ... so it’s a decision you have to do first and it’s not the idea to bake the already made Morphs to use without the Helper-Tag ...

Well, if you have to change a face to another tracking it’s all the way better to use it with the Helper-Tag ...

Thanks Kent ...

Posted: 10 February 2019 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16

Yes I just did a quick test now and can confirm the issue you are seeing. If you already have Pose Morphs in place and then bake the blend shapes the poses are no longer changing. This will require an update to fix this issue as it will need to check and keep any existing poses that are on the Pose Morph. Sorry it took so long for a response on this issue.

Kent

Posted: 10 February 2019 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]  
Joined  2018-11-08

Hey Kent

You do a great job ... and thanks for the test ... 11:30pm ... goto bed ... smile

Mike C.

Posted: 26 February 2019 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]  
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2018-08-20

Are there any smoothing algorithms applied in the recent versions? I used the new version for a face capture and there is a lot of offset between the mesh and the texture image sequence, especially on fast head movements. It seems that the head mesh moves more smoothly, but on the cost of being in accurate sync with the texture frames. Is this something that can be fixed in the settings? Need to get the same results as in version 1128b.

Posted: 10 March 2019 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2018-10-23

Hi there,

I LOVE THIS APP! I was wondering though whats the maximum time I can record on there? It seemed to crash when I tried a 10 min one haha, is there a recommended max length for a single shot?

thanks

Posted: 17 March 2019 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]  
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2018-08-20

I’m baking the face mesh to PLA for further FX treatment, which works well. As the proper UV mapping gets lost at this point, i want to bake the texture as well. But that doen’t match. Is there a way to get the right mapping of the texture sequence on a baked mesh?

Posted: 18 March 2019 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-03-18

Awesome. Learning a lot

Posted: 20 March 2019 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16
polypoint - 26 February 2019 06:35 PM

Are there any smoothing algorithms applied in the recent versions? I used the new version for a face capture and there is a lot of offset between the mesh and the texture image sequence, especially on fast head movements. It seems that the head mesh moves more smoothly, but on the cost of being in accurate sync with the texture frames. Is this something that can be fixed in the settings? Need to get the same results as in version 1128b.

No there aren’t any smooth algorithms applied to the recent version. It may be a bandwidth/procesing speed issue since I think in your test here you are doing 60 FPS? Since in this case it has to record 60 images per second and store those along with capturing the motion. For 60FPS it would be better to just use the Single Image option and only record the very first frame of your face and use that for the texture mapping throughout, this is handled automatically for you by the app and the plugin.

I don’t know what version 1128b is. But if you are referring to the the first release of CV-AR then you can just set the FPS to 30 and that will give you the same results as the 1.0 release.

Posted: 20 March 2019 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16
russs - 10 March 2019 06:51 PM

Hi there,

I LOVE THIS APP! I was wondering though whats the maximum time I can record on there? It seemed to crash when I tried a 10 min one haha, is there a recommended max length for a single shot?

thanks

Sorry that it’s crashing. It shouldn’t be doing that at all. It should be gracefully failing and telling you it has run out of memory for your capture, saving your existing capture in the process.

The length of your capture will depend on the if you are recording with all images or just single image, and if you have 30fsp or 60fps.

If you are recording with All Images then I think 10 mins would most likely run out of internal memory, since it is storing 60 images a second for 10 minutes. So 60*60*10 images.

For long captures consider using the Single Image option to only record the very first image frame for your capture. This will then only store a smaller amount of data just for the face mesh movement itself.

Let me know what settings you are using.

Kent

Posted: 20 March 2019 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16
polypoint - 17 March 2019 07:46 AM

I’m baking the face mesh to PLA for further FX treatment, which works well. As the proper UV mapping gets lost at this point, i want to bake the texture as well. But that doen’t match. Is there a way to get the right mapping of the texture sequence on a baked mesh?

You should try setting the option to use a specific frame for the texture and UVs. Then the UVs will not change during playback. You can also create these files directly from CV-AR with only a single image in them. Just change the option at the top of the App from All Frames to Single Image. Then when you first start recording hold the camera close to your face in a neutral expression to get a good first frame for use as the texture.  When you transfer this capture to C4D it will only have 1 texture image and one set of UVs, and the UVs will not change during playback.

7 of 11