2 of 11
CV-AR: Support
Posted: 20 June 2018 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2018-06-19

I double-clicked it in my browser and loaded it, and even when I clicked the ‘add to scene’ button, neither method could load the data. If you give me another way, I’ll test it.

P.S. Is there any plug-in that should be installed as required in CV Toolbox?

Posted: 21 June 2018 03:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-09-28

Hey, I’ve just started to use this, is the QR code process the only way to connect to get the data from the app? Is there any other means of getting this data either by plugging the phone in to your computer. I’m trying to use it at a work computer and it is difficult to get my computer and phone to share the same network. Thanks.

Posted: 24 June 2018 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Joined  2017-12-02
Kent Barber - 20 June 2018 03:12 PM
MMTim - 18 June 2018 09:49 PM

Would you mind sharing the C4D version you run it should be R19.053.
My last application update was on 2/14/2018, SERVICE UPDATE 19.053 FOR CINEMA 4D AND BODYPAINT 3D R19, in the help about it says BodyPaint 3D (19.053)(Build RB224935)

Hi Tim,

CV-AR is restricted to Studio Versions only. It looks like you have BodyPaint 3D edition so unfortunately you will not be able to use this version of CV-AR.

Kent

Hi Kent,

That’s really disappointing.  Is this a technical limitation or simply a version check?

Best Regards,
Tim

Posted: 24 June 2018 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Joined  2017-12-02
Dr. Sassi - 19 June 2018 05:59 AM

Hi Tim,

Edit: Post #14 tells Studio only. So, I downgraded my version, and went step by step up again. No luck with anything but Studio. What baffles me is, that this is no-where mentioned so far. I checked the tutorials, the CV-Toolbox text, and wherever I saw anything about CV-AR. Nothing. Not even in the txt file inside the plug in. Sorry about that. This is not how the tools should be supplied. Again sorry, I had really no idea. /edit

That sounds all good, which means that needs to be explored directly by the plug in developers.
I’m really sorry that you have this trouble, as I know how it feels to do everything needed, and then no “show”.

Fingers crossed, this will be running in no time for you.

All the best

Sassi

Hi Sassi,

Thanks very much for all of your Help!  I hope this is simply an oversight of including a version and not restricted for licensing reasons.  If it’s just about licensing that would be a big disappointment.

Best regards,
Tim

Posted: 24 June 2018 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Joined  2018-06-19

I still have not solved the problem, so I ask again. A CV-AR document (3RD_PARTY.txt) showed that Houdini related technology (https://github.com/elishahung/FaceCaptureX) was used. Should Houdini engine be installed in CV-AR operation?

I hope the CV-AR works properly.

Posted: 24 June 2018 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Total Posts:  8519
Joined  2011-03-03

Hi Tim, hi picsel100,

I let the developers run this thread from now on. I can’t find even today any updated information anywhere. This is not nice for anyone who is interested in using it. I’m really sorry about this, but I can’t change it from here.

Fingers crossed, this will be all fixed ASAP!

My best wishes.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials. Texture, Panorama, HDRI, Camera Projection, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

Posted: 28 June 2018 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2009-02-16
picsel100 - 20 June 2018 06:10 PM

I double-clicked it in my browser and loaded it, and even when I clicked the ‘add to scene’ button, neither method could load the data. If you give me another way, I’ll test it.

P.S. Is there any plug-in that should be installed as required in CV Toolbox?

Hi picsel100,

What you mentioned was correct. So it should have worked. Could you upload a screen shot of what the CV-AR Dialog looks like in Cinema 4D? How long was the capture that you recorded?

Did you set a path for your captures folder (in the preferences under CV-AR)? Can you look inside this folder and tell me what you see?

Are you on OSX or Windows? And could you send me also the version of OSX or Windows as well.

If you right click on a thumbnail in the CV-AR Dialog can you play the sample movie clip?

I would like to get to the bottom of this to find out why it’s not working for you. Really sorry you are having these issues.

Also regarding your question about Houdini, no you do not need Houdini. The information in the 3rdparty file is just to acknowledge that I used some pieces of that developers initial project for the iPhone App when the project was initially first started.

Best Regards,
Kent

Posted: 28 June 2018 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16
Dr. Sassi - 24 June 2018 06:39 AM

Hi Tim, hi picsel100,

I let the developers run this thread from now on. I can’t find even today any updated information anywhere. This is not nice for anyone who is interested in using it. I’m really sorry about this, but I can’t change it from here.

Fingers crossed, this will be all fixed ASAP!

My best wishes.

Hi Dr. Sassi,

Unfortunately I am on the outside here regarding any information officially available on Cineversity. I will let Rick know to update the official page to state that this is currently for Studio users only. This was a business decision at the time before release. We will see if this can be relaxed in a future build. However for now it is only for the Studio version.

Best Regards,
Kent

Posted: 28 June 2018 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Total Posts:  8519
Joined  2011-03-03

Thanks a lot, Kent!

I can only help as far as I have first hand informations.

Yes, I appreciate the information that you share here and the care you provide. An update of the requirements will certainly prevent quite some frustration.

Again, thanks a lot for pushing this thread to the high valuable level it has now, really nice of you.

Enjoy your evening

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials. Texture, Panorama, HDRI, Camera Projection, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

Posted: 23 August 2018 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2018-08-20

Is there a way to send the recordings to C4D from a phone that is not in the same Wifi network? Or copy them from the phone and then send it? I want to use recordings of someone living overseas. Is that only possible by physically shipping the iPhone with the content or are there other options?

Posted: 23 August 2018 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Joined  2018-08-20

Are there any sample recordings? For those who do not have an iPhone X yet but want to evaluate the plugin.

Posted: 23 August 2018 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Joined  2018-08-20

Failed to connect!
Can’t send files from the App to C4D (Studio R19.053). I tried different WIFI networks and the double checked the correct IP configuration. The IP address from ipconfig, appearing on the phone’s App and in the C4D plugin below the QR code is identical.

After the QR code is scanned the text “Connecting to Cinema 4D…” - “Waiting for Connection” appears on the phone. After some minutes the message “Failed to connect” - “Please check the IP address. Also make sure that you are in the same WIFI network as Cinema 4D. The IP addresses appearing on the phone app and in C4D below the code are identically.”

Any help is highly appreciated!

Posted: 24 August 2018 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi polypoint,

One issue I had was connecting via 2Ghz or 5Ghz over wifi.  My router has both 2Ghz and 5Ghz and if I connected over different ones then it didn’t detect it as being on the same wifi network, which I find odd, but it is something that has happened to me.

So just check that your phone and computer are both on the same frequency. If the computer is hard wired in then try checking both on the phone and see if it can connect.

We are looking at updating it to add workflows without wifi, and I would also like to look at supporting direct USD connection as well. But this will not be for a little while yet.

Let me know if this works for you or not.

Best Regards,
Kent.

Posted: 24 August 2018 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16

One other issue I have had is that my computer has multiple network cards. If this is the case then also make sure that you have set the correct IP address in the C4D Preferences for CV-AR to the ip address assigned to the network card (found using ipconfig) that is on the same network that the phone is connecting to. The ip address in the preferences is the IP address of that computer. Its a bit of a hassle at the moment I have to agree, we will be looking at streamlining this in future as well.

To answer some of your previous questions, currently no there is no way to manually transfer from the phone to your computer. There are some sample recorded files, I will talk to Rick about possibly getting a link to these up on the forum.

Posted: 24 August 2018 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Joined  2018-08-20

Thanks for your reply Kent!

How can I identify the frequency and change if necessary? During the last test, the laptop with C4D and the iPhone where connected to the exact same network name. I don’t have access to the router, because I don’t own a iPhone X and thus need to visit the place the owner stays in order to test everything.

The IP configuration seems to be correct, I tested the App on an older iPhone and it connected to C4D. 

An update that bypasses the WIFI network issues would be great! This plugin was the only reason I signed up a CV Premium Membership, and it’s disappointing that it I can’t run it simply because of connection issues.

Any other suggestions how to solve this problem?

Many thanks!

Would be helpful to have access to some sample recordings meanwhile, to get a better idea of the tracking, mesh and texture quality.

2 of 11