A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Couple of questions for Cinema4D users
Posted: 07 May 2018 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-05-05

Hello,

I’m trying to evaluate a potential purchase of Cinema4D for my office and I’m a bit hazy on the licensing and usage side of things. I can’t find all the info I need from the official site (partly because it doesn’t seem to be there and partly because some of what I need to know is more about user experience), so I thought I’d ask the hive mind.

So, a couple of questions:

1) If you have a single license, can you install C4D on other machines solely to use those machines as render boxes without having to buy an additional license for each one?
2) If you have a single license, is it possible to install it on multiple computers as long as only one user is running C4D at any one time?
3) If #2 is possible, is this practice also within the terms of the license?
4) How easy is it to move a licensed copy of C4D from one machine to another? Do you have to go through a deactivation/activation process, for example?
5) If there is product activation, how user friendly/reliable is it when it comes to initial activation and, more importantly, subsequent attempts to activate the same license?

Please help

I didn’t find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=103862
Creative infographic design studio

Thanks

Posted: 07 May 2018 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24
JesseVoss - 07 May 2018 07:45 AM

1) If you have a single license, can you install C4D on other machines solely to use those machines as render boxes without having to buy an additional license for each one?

You can install the Team Render Client on as many machines as you’d like. With C4D Studio you can utilize all of those as render slaves. With Broadcast or Visualize you can utilize 3 render slaves. If you want to use C4D with Deadline, Qube or another third-party render manager, you’ll need commandline licenses, which have an additional charge.

2) If you have a single license, is it possible to install it on multiple computers as long as only one user is running C4D at any one time?
3) If #2 is possible, is this practice also within the terms of the license?

If you purchase a MAXON Service Agreement (MSA) that includes any upgrades within the next year (usually one major upgrade), a year of Cineversity Premium access, and the right to install on more than one computer for non-concurrent use (only one user can use at a time). For more complex floating situations, we offer the Maxon License Server or RLM floating licenses. These are available at a flat fee that varies based on your license count.

4) How easy is it to move a licensed copy of C4D from one machine to another? Do you have to go through a deactivation/activation process, for example?
5) If there is product activation, how user friendly/reliable is it when it comes to initial activation and, more importantly, subsequent attempts to activate the same license?

There’s no node-locked activation system - it’s just a serial number. You do need to register your serial number after purchase and obtain a “permanent” serial. This doesn’t associate the serial with a specific computer, but does allow us to associate it positively with a specific person or organization.