A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Missing plugins for my teamrender
Posted: 23 February 2018 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2016-04-18

Dear reader,

For rendering a animation of my project I connected my MacBook with an other macBook with teamrender. The render did not work out because of an error.
There was a plugin missing (from the CV toolbox and there was a number displayed in the error)
Can you tell me how to manage the plugins on my two machines? I have tried to find the right directories but that was no succes either.
I have had some good teamrenders (stills) in the past but these files were a lot easier than my recent project.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,
Michiel van der Velden
The Netherlands

Posted: 24 February 2018 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

Hi Michiel,

If the problem is a missing plugin, the simplest solution would likely be to install CV-Toolbox on both machines and then select and install all plugins.

Can you post a screenshot and/or the full text of the error message you see?

- Donovan

Posted: 24 February 2018 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2016-04-18

Hello Donovan,

On my other MacBook there is only a team render client installed. I used 2 versions of C4D on two computers (at home and the office).
I downloaded the cv toolbox, copied the files in the preference/plugin-folder but there is no cv toolbox appearing after restart (what I expected).
Is there an other way to get all of the used plugins into my render plugin folder? Copy them from my main machine?

I have got no screenshot of the error message.

Kind Regards,
Michiel

Posted: 24 February 2018 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

Hi Michiel,

Odd. Are both machines running the exact same version of Cinema 4D and Team Render? I know that mismatched versions can cause some issues.

Yes, you should be able to just copy and paste the plugins from your main machine’s C4D plugins folder into the same folder on your client machine.

If you can track down that error message, that would really help to diagnose.

- Donovan