A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Form Issues with Cineversity on Mac Safari
Posted: 15 November 2017 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-02-06

Unable to do any searches, submit topics or send in a contact us form. Using Safari on a Mac.

I get I This is non-secure form. This form will be sent in a way that is not secure. Are you sure you want to send it? pop-up comes on when I hit Preview Post or Submit Post. If I hit Send, all my info disappears on the Preview Post. My Search query just sends me to Advanced Search, which won’t turn up any results for any word.

I don’t see it as an issue based on any version #s of Safari or my Mac model since this has been a problem for a long time. I need to use a different browser to use Cineversity.

It will work on another browser, but Safari is my main browser, so I would like to get Cineversity operational there.

Posted: 15 November 2017 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi markfug,

I noticed that (text disappearing) as well from time to time. My observation so far, it happens when I type an answer while moving back and fore from Safari to Cinema 4D. I would think that it is a “time-out” phenomenon. My counter-action here, before I press send, I use cmd-a and cmd-c to put the text into my clipboard, just in case. Not ideal, but it works.

Anyway, I hope the admin group will take care of it, so this problem will not bother anymore.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 15 November 2017 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-02-06

I have been copying to the clipboard, also. The thing is, absolutely nothing can be submitted using the Safari browser. Just doing a search for the word, “the”, gives no results. No forms work for me.

Posted: 15 November 2017 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Great that you took already good care of your text, markfug.

Here I type at the moment in Safari, but anything social media is in Chrome for me, etc.. (split for many reasons).

Safari on my iPhone has no option to reply in this forum here, but the iPad does. I haven’t figured out what it is, or if my hesitance to be on the newest iOS too early causes it.

Anyway, thanks for bringing it up, so things can start rolling to fix it.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 15 November 2017 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2013-12-06

Thank you for letting us know about this bug.

I was able to reproduce this error as well, and we are currently investigating how to resolve it.

As a quick-fix in the meantime, we recommend using firefox or chrome browsers.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We will let you know when we have any more information.

~Michelle