A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV-Toolbox not working on my Mac
Posted: 30 January 2017 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-01-14

I am a new user trying to log in to Toolbox so I can download CV-VRCam.  I have downloaded toolbox and installed in the correct plug in folder(the one accessed through c4D preferences).  I can see CV-Toolbox in my plug ins now in c4D.  However nothing happens for several minutes after clicking on it and then I finally get a message saying, “Unable to communicate with the Cineversity server. Please check your internet connection. If this issue persists more than 2hrs. email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) for help”.  I am connected to the internet.  I am desperate.  I have a deadline to meet.  Please help if you know what’s going on.  Thank you.

Posted: 30 January 2017 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Please check again, and if you’re still experiencing issues try to send a bug report via the Report Bug / Issue option in the CV-Toolbox menu. Make sure to include the logs, which offer more info on where it’s getting hung up.

In the meantime, all of the Cineversity tools available through CV-Toolbox can be downloaded and installed manually. For CV-VRCam, click the Files button on this tutorial: https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/cvvrcam_install

Posted: 23 February 2017 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2016-10-23

Hi, New to C4D and the CV toolbox video shows only PC.  Can someone tell me where to place the folder for Mac?  Many Thanx

Posted: 23 February 2017 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

- Within C4D, open the Preferences Window (Edit > Preferences)
- Click “Open Preferences Folder”
- In the finder window that appears, navigate to the “plugins” subfolder
- Drag the extracted CV-Toolbox folder into that folder
- Restart C4D

Posted: 25 February 2017 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2016-10-23

Thank you, Rick.  Worked like a charm!