CV - Tokens and render farm
Posted: 13 October 2016 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-12-17

I really like the CV-Tokens add on but I just noticed that the Year / Month & Date strings aren’t working on our render farm:  A Deadline V8 system.
It just makes a folder with $YYYY$MM$DD.

The tokens work fine if rendering locally though.

Would I need to install toolbox on the render nodes for this to work?


thanks in advance,
simon

Profile
 
 
Posted: 13 October 2016 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Avatar
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

I believe that all plugins should be installed on every client and the server. You can use a symbolically linked plugins folder so all clients pull their plugins from a single folder on the server.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 05 December 2018 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-11-18
simonbronson - 13 October 2016 08:12 PM

I really like the CV-Tokens add on but I just noticed that the Year / Month & Date strings aren’t working on our render farm:  A Deadline V8 system.
It just makes a folder with $YYYY$MM$DD.

The tokens work fine if rendering locally though.

Would I need to install toolbox on the render nodes for this to work?


thanks in advance,
simon

ran into this issue as well. You definitely need the plugin on all nodes. Also, make sure “enable local rendering” is off on Deadline if you use that. Basically, the render farm has to send the entire output path to the command line instance of C4D in order for C4D to parse the tokens. The render farm will not parse the tokens. But when it calls C4D via command line to render, and passes the token in the command line string, C4D will parse it provided it has the plugins.

Deadline does “sort” of have support for tokens, but not the CV tokens plugin in that regard. so the above method is how we get it to work on our farm. Now if only there were a way to get it to fix the date/time to the submission date, that would be ideal - as of now, if there’s multiple frames and the day/time changes, or nodes have different clock times, using the date tokens screws up the uniformity of the image sequence, or splits the image sequence into multiple folders with different times. Still trying to figure that one out.

Profile