A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV-VRCam: parallax distortion in 2D rendering
Posted: 01 February 2016 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2015-09-22

Hi Cineversity,

trying to match a c4d scene to a VR-photograph using CV-VRCam I noticed, that the “Eye Seperation” from the plug-in render settings is still used to render a parallaxe distortion even when “Render Stereo” is disabled. So 2D rendering isn’t centered but matches the perspective of the left eye view (closer objects are shifted to the right).

For a future version of this cool plug-in, I suggest to disable parallaxe distortion rendering when disabling “Render Stereo” in the plug-in settings ... wink

For now there’s an easy work around: in the plug-in render settings, first enable “Render Stereo” to make the “Eye Seperation” editable and set it to zero - then uncheck “Render Stereo”.

Kind Regards,
Marten

Posted: 01 February 2016 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02
animaatn - 01 February 2016 04:02 PM

Hi Cineversity,

trying to match a c4d scene to a VR-photograph using CV-VRCam I noticed, that the “Eye Seperation” from the plug-in render settings is still used to render a parallaxe distortion even when “Render Stereo” is disabled. So 2D rendering isn’t centered but matches the perspective of the left eye view (closer objects are shifted to the right).

For a future version of this cool plug-in, I suggest to disable parallaxe distortion rendering when disabling “Render Stereo” in the plug-in settings ... wink

For now there’s an easy work around: in the plug-in render settings, first enable “Render Stereo” to make the “Eye Seperation” editable and set it to zero - then uncheck “Render Stereo”.

Kind Regards,
Marten

Hi Marteen,

I’ve added a note for Rick to check on this when next he updates CV-VR Cam. I can’t promise that it will be addressed, but it will definitely be considered. Thank you for taking the time to report/suggest!

https://bitbucket.org/cineversity/cv-vrcam/issues/2/left-eye-is-used-when-render-stereo-is

Cheers,

Donovan

Posted: 01 February 2016 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Thanks for the feedback Marten!

I just noticed this with my own project over the weekend. It’s already fixed in the next release, which I hope to post in the next couple of weeks.

Posted: 07 February 2016 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2015-09-22

Cool - thanks!