A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

3D Half Circles?
Posted: 07 February 2012 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2006-07-25

Hey Im trying to recreate this effect and I cant seam to figure out how they did this.. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. 

Here is the sample video.. Trying to recreate it..

http://jeanruesta.com/3dcircles.mov

Thank You
Marco

Posted: 08 February 2012 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi Marco,

You might try one of the two ways in the attached file.

Please note that the changing angle for the Phong might need some attention. ( I animated the value in the Phong Tag.) Which is not needed in the other version. Have a look…

All the best

Sassi

File Attachments
CV_r13_drs_12_MOsp_71.c4d.zip  (File Size: 50KB - Downloads: 231)
 Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.

Posted: 08 February 2012 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2006-07-25

Thank you for the fast response.. And the build of it. is it a cloner set to radial with a step effector offsetting the animation and scale?

Posted: 08 February 2012 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2006-04-04

You’re welcome. Please note that I just jumped in as your question seemed to be fast to answer. I did not intended to go along for a project developement. My target is now based on answering questions explicitly to my own tutorials.

So here is one more file, explore it and check related themes. Hint: move the two object that you find in the Object manager—move them in the edit view with starting in the Y direction.

———
Just a note, perhaps not suited for your personal position at all, but I have to mention it, as we talk in a public forum.
To copy files and ideas is certainly a method to learn. To my understanding the “trial and error” to solve such challenges (to copy things) is the main part. I have made a mistake in the past years to help too much in detail… and take the “trial and error” part more or less away from some people. It is not about the hundred solution or “cool tricks” one can do (with help), it is about the 10,000 mistakes one does and is able to recognize! Which makes him or her fit for the top-job. In these 10,000 mistakes is the core of great opportunities, the stuff that leads to the top. /note. :o)
———
All the best

Sassi

File Attachments
CV_r13_drs_12_MOsp_72.c4d.zip  (File Size: 59KB - Downloads: 226)
 Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.

Posted: 08 February 2012 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2006-07-25

I totally agree with you Sassi And I appreciate all the help you have done for me in the past. I am all for trail and error and learning as I go along with projects. The way I get better is to learn from my mistakes and analyze files and read and read more.. 
Thank You again
Marco

Posted: 08 February 2012 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi Marco,

Thanks sooo much for you nice reply. I really appreciate it. I really like to do more, but I think it is better invested (currently) in projects and research, which I will share here of course. I have learned here as well, and from time to time I did a review, what went wrong and what has worked. As we have here a fantastic mixture of artists in Cineversity as members, it is difficult to find a “one size fits all”. Based on the past eight years teaching C4D, I have developed this year a new idea, and I can’t wait to bring it to life. Cineversity is Synergy and I hope more than before in future as well.

Have a good one

Sassi

P.S. I haven’t answered your question with the Step Effector. That would be possible, but I think the adjustments might be more work than the “Blend” method I have posted. Set up several of these constructions and you might handle the whole animation by moving six +/- effectors around. The Spheres could be (matrix) sit on geometry—eventually.

Signature 

Posted: 08 February 2012 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2006-07-25

Hey Sassi,
FYI, Maxon interviewed me a few months ago for the Discovery Projects you helped me out with and I gave most of the credit to getting that job done to Cineversity and YOU… Im still not sure when its coming out but I have the links if you want to know..

http://www.youtube.com/rivermonsters
and
http://www.youtube.com/discoverySharkWeek

Posted: 08 February 2012 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Joined  2006-04-04

Hey Marco,

You are certainly great in things like that. Thanks again, and it was always fun to share that. Exceptional creative use of web based content. Great exclusion as well. Thanks for the credits!

Have a good one and lots of success in the future.

Sassi

Signature 

Posted: 09 February 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Joined  2006-07-25

Hey Sassi. Here is the interview. You will find your name in it also.. Thank you again

http://www.studiodaily.com/filmandvideo/projects/13661.html

Posted: 09 February 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Joined  2006-04-04

Hey Marco,

Too kind, very nice of you! Thanks a lot.

Lots of success with all the future projects!

Take care

Sassi

Signature