A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Camera Projection with Physical Render
Posted: 30 January 2012 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-01-19

This is really odd and cant figure out what the problem is.  I am building some graphics and need to use a projection Gentleman so get my perspectives correct for the project I am working on.  I can see my model just fine in the editor view but when I render to picture viewer it offsets my model off screen….  Another thing is it works just fine with the Standard Render mode but only does this when I switch to Physical.  Any ideas why this is happening would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Posted: 30 January 2012 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-01-19

I think I may have figured out what is the cause of this.  I centered my camera coordinates to 0 0 0 and moved my model into view from this. Seems as though it must be at 0 0 0 ?  Not sure why this is the case maybe you can explain otherwise ill just work around this by doing this everytime.

Posted: 30 January 2012 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi QAgraphics,

“Camera projection and model” (which it is projected on to) are a simbiotic couple and any change should be done to a “Parent” of these two. Never to a single one of these, in terms of PSR for example.
I do not get the editor vs render problem, nor the standard vs Physical problem. Well, your problem is gone, but for my upcoming series about, I will have an eye on this theme.

However, the Camera projection is one way to get an UV information that fits your needs, you may “bake” the UV into your UV tag, then it is just a texture with a UV based information.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.