A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV toolbox not recognising premium
Posted: 20 September 2016 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2014-05-05

I renewed my subscription with the code provided but CV toolbox is not recognising that Im a premium member and so it is not allowing me to download and install the plugins.  Please see image attached.  I dont even get asked for cineversity log in when opening it. 
I have uninstalled and tried again but still no good.  How do I fix this please?

R18 MacOSX 10.11.3

edit - tried submitting bug report and won’t even allow me to that.

Posted: 21 September 2016 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Your credentials are probably cached and just need to be updated. Can you try logging off using the File menu Log Off option, and then logging back in?

Posted: 21 September 2016 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2014-05-05
Rick Barrett - 21 September 2016 04:19 PM

Your credentials are probably cached and just need to be updated. Can you try logging off using the File menu Log Off option, and then logging back in?

This worked for me , thanks.  Doesn’t seem to have installed art smart though?

Posted: 21 September 2016 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Did it show an error? Is ArtSmart in the list?

Posted: 22 September 2016 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2014-05-05
Rick Barrett - 21 September 2016 08:11 PM

Did it show an error? Is ArtSmart in the list?

Hi Rick,    I looked at history and tried to install from there but its says ‘all installations failed’  Should I do a manual install?

Posted: 22 September 2016 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

Hi Bikhu,

It sounds like you might have some permissions issues. Did you install CV-Toolbox in your user preferences folder, or in the main Plugins folder in your applications/Program Files directory? Toolbox needs to be installed in your user prefs folder (C4D -> Edit -> Preferences -> Open Preferences Folder -> Plugins) otherwise it can’t write the files to the appropriate directory.
Cheers,

Donovan

Posted: 23 September 2016 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2014-05-05
Donovan Keith - 22 September 2016 04:26 PM

Hi Bikhu,

It sounds like you might have some permissions issues. Did you install CV-Toolbox in your user preferences folder, or in the main Plugins folder in your applications/Program Files directory? Toolbox needs to be installed in your user prefs folder (C4D -> Edit -> Preferences -> Open Preferences Folder -> Plugins) otherwise it can’t write the files to the appropriate directory.
Cheers,

Donovan

I did have installed in the right place but I deleted it all and started over and seems to be ok now. Thanks for the help.