A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV smart object
Posted: 29 November 2015 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2015-11-29

Please help!
Please excuse me for my English.
My problem:
I create an ai file and tried to make 3d object with cv smart object. but every time program says like: unknown file. but in art smart I can open this file (without 3d effect). How can I fix it? I’m using C4D R17 Demo.

Posted: 30 November 2015 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Hi maboreiro94,

Are you loading the AI file via the CV-ArtSmart Import or CV-ArtSmart Object? If you use C4D’s Open or Merge commands the native importer is used, which only supports Illustrator 8 files.

Posted: 01 December 2015 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2015-11-29

Thank you for your response. I tried a couple of things:
1) I just picked ai file with left click and drop it in cv-artsmart object - C4D says file type is unknown
2) tried to Import file with “...” button (browse) - and nothing. No mistakes, no object in C4D.
3) Tried to import file with cv-artsmart import. It can import file in 2D - without fill and volume. When I turn on the “object” in cv-artsmart import - file does not import in C4D.
Excuse me again for my English. I’m doing my best to explain you my problem.
Thank you.

Posted: 01 December 2015 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Are you clicking the [...] button next to the “Art” parameter in the ArtSmart Object Attributes?

If the file imports via CV-ArtSmart Import, it should work in CV-ArtSmart Object as well. Otherwise, can you upload the file, or try with another AI file?

You might try using the AI file and following the first 2 minutes of Donovan’s California Build-On tutorial to see if that works.

Posted: 01 December 2015 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2015-11-29

I tried the “...” button in artsmart object attributes.
well, I will try another ai file to see if it works.
thank you for your help!

Posted: 03 December 2015 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2015-11-29

Hello again.
I tried another file - it dies not work.
Do you know if this plugin works in Cinema 4D Studio R17 Demo?