A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV Toolbox - Error with *MANUALLY INSTALLED* message
Posted: 02 July 2014 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2006-11-11

Hello!

I found a very irritating bug in the CV-toolbox plugin.

The screenshots (zipped) describe the problem better than words, but here are the steps that I did (Mac OS 10.9 | C4D R15.057)

1 - Download some plugs/scripts with CV-toolbox
    (Restart C4D)

2 - Everything seems fine smile

3 - Open CV-toolbox and download a few more scripts/plugs
    (Restart C4D)

4 - CV-ArtSmart, CV-Swim and CV-Boole Tools show up as *MANUALLY INSTALLED*
    These tools don’t even show up in the history tab

:(

File Attachments
Archive.zip  (File Size: 997KB - Downloads: 343)
 Signature 

...............`O=o-

[url=http://www.racecar.no]http://www.racecar.no[/url]

Posted: 02 July 2014 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

Hi Racecar,

Thanks for reporting this. Can you please use the “Help > Submit Bug Report” functionality inside of CV-Toolbox to report this issue? Doing so will automatically include an install log along with other helpful debugging information.
Thanks!

Donovan

Posted: 17 May 2015 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-01-15

I’m having the same problem, but with more plugins than Racecar listed. I tried to submit via the CV-Toolbox “Submit Bug Report”, but it only hangs as you can see in my screen capture.
It’s been uploading file 1 of 2 for over 15 minutes (I have 1GB fiber optic, so it’s not my internet upload speed). The only two files it was submitting were log files.

Can you help?

Thanks so much!

Suzanne

Posted: 18 May 2015 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

I really need the log files that are packaged with the bug report to track this down. If the bug submitter fails, please manually find cvToolbox.log and installLog.xml within the cvToolbox folder in your C4D prefs folder, then zip and upload those here?

Posted: 18 May 2015 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-01-15

I deleted all the plug ins one more time and reinstalled with CV Toolbox. It worked this time, and I don’t know what I did differently than the last few times I tried. I believe I did everything exactly the same way, but maybe you can tell from the log files. I am attaching those. Thank you SO much for the help! I LOVE C4D and Cineversity!

Thanks!
Suzanne

File Attachments
Logs.zip  (File Size: 277KB - Downloads: 284)