A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Colors
Posted: 19 April 2015 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-12-23

Hello there,
I’m using ArtSmart v2.3. All is working fine except when I need to use the ‘Create Materials’ button. At that moment, al the materials/colors are loaded. But they look not the same as in my AI-file. Also the RGB-values are different. What could be the problem and, hopefully, the solution? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Please help because I’m using this fine plug-in very hard.

Bert

Posted: 20 April 2015 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

If you’re using CMYK color space in Illustrator, I’ve been struggling to match up the algorithm for translating between CMYK and RGB. I’ve found several different references, but none of them seem to match Illustrator’s translation. This is likely because I’m using a simple conversion that doesn’t account for color profiles or linear workflow. It’s definitely an area I’d like to improve.

You’ll likely get better results by converting the artwork to RGB color space in Illustrator.

Posted: 21 April 2015 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-12-23

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.
I’m already using the RGB color space in Illustrator.

Is there a possibility that I can upload a simple testfile so you can verify what I’m doing?

Thx
Bert