A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV ArtSmart Textures
Posted: 22 August 2014 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-08-22

Anybody know how to apply textures to fills and strokes within an ArtSmart Object? 

I can change the color/texture image after selecting “Create Materials.” I applied a leather texture and only the color of the leather, but not the texture itself comes through. When I drag the same leather texture onto a non-artsmart cube, the material comes through perfectly. I’m thinking I need to change the projection mode on the texture tag, but unsure where to do this so it effects the ArtSmart object.

Thanks for any help. I’m very new to C4D so apologies if my terminology is not spot on.

example: http://cl.ly/image/473v461m2C1S

Posted: 22 August 2014 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

If I had to guess it’s because extrusion caps in C4D don’t have UV coordinates (before version 16). Select the texture tags on the art smart object and change the projection from UVW Mapping to Cubic Mapping. That should probably work.

Posted: 22 August 2014 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2014-08-22

Thanks for your quick response.

I think the problem is I can’t find where texture tags are located for fills and strokes of ArtSmart objects. While I can apply a material to an entire ArtSmart object, the material has no effect on the object’s appearance.

I tried changing the UVW mapping to Cubic mapping, but it also had no effect on the appearance of the ArtSmart object.

I think if I could find how to access texture tags for the fill and stroke, then I’d be able to effectively change the mapping and projection for the fill and stroke.

Thanks again.

Posted: 22 August 2014 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

Hi David,

Barring a new version of ArtSmart, I think the only solution is to make the object editable and adjust your texture settings on the Extrude objects.
Cheers,

Donovan

Posted: 22 August 2014 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2014-08-22

Great, I’ll give that a shot. Thank you!