A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Octane render
Posted: 28 December 2012 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-03-19

Hi… first .happy everything for everybody ...
I would like to know if you ever planned to make a tutorial about Octane render workflow ?
best

Posted: 09 January 2013 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

As much as I would like to learn another render engine, there really are not any plans for this sorry.
No access to the renderer and not much time to spend learning it, both hamper tutorial creation.

Is there something specific you are running into issues with?

Posted: 25 January 2013 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Kurtzmedias,

I had a look into it, based on your question. Another render… well that is not what makes me curious, but this one seems to be different.
Our friends over at FXGuide had a look into that already
http://www.fxguide.com/featured/octane-render-realtime-ray-tracing/
There is no date when they have C4D completely out of beta, completely means here for all OS C4D supports. Mac is not even announced. Yes there is a standalone, but that is not a real motivation for me, if a plug in is available. In the moment the plug ins are done, I hope I can stop by at the L.A. office and get some more informations. Paul Debevec is Chief Consultant Engineer there, which certainly caught my attention. :o)

I will not promise anything, but the “cloud gpu” aspect might be interesting, to have a deeper look into that. If they do it well, perhaps it is simpler than most other rendering apps, in terms of supplying the information from CINEMA 4D.

I’m with Patrick on this, we wont do training for the render application itself, that is not really our focus here. But MAXON’s as well Cineversity’s philosophy is integration (or to say it with my words—connectivity, as I think integration is more image/footage based—but that is just me ;o) If they support educational efforts, I’m certainly considering this one.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 08 April 2013 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-03-19

thank you for the answer…. i totally understand what you said ....
long life to cineversity wink.

Posted: 08 April 2013 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Kurtzmedias,

You’re welcome. Thanks for “refreshing” of this theme ;o) very nice of you. I’m curious if they use NAB to announce something new.

Have a good one

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 21 December 2013 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-12-21

I understand as well, that render external engines are not in focus here. Nevertheless I think that Octane and Vray are great additions to Cinema 4D. In order to use these engines some things in Cinema 4D needs to made clear (e.g. how to use sculpted surfaces in these engines by baking or avoiding certain features). Hope this makes sense.