A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

How to accurately replace the loss of “indirect illumination” in R15
Posted: 31 October 2013 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-02-01

Hi I need help!

I’m having a real problems rendering animations in R15. In R14 and earlier I would simply select the Physical render engine, turn on “Indirect Illumination” and know that all I needed to tweak to balance speed vs quality was the sampling options…. Quickly using a range in-between the presets “medium” and “high”. Render times were manageable and I ALWAYS knew what kind if results to expect. Now, with the loss of Indirect Illumination I have to use GI but i can’t find reliable GI settings the just “work” in any animation.

I used to enjoy setting off a render at the end of the day and looked forward to returning in the morning to see the results… I now dread it as I can’t seem to eliminate light bleed and flicker, even using Cinema’s GI Presets such as “interior - high”.

I relied on physical renderer so much that I just haven’t gone into any depth using GI until now and i basically find I can’t accurately output any animated work at the moment. Maybe i’m missing out some GI fundamentals, but a tutorial would make the world of difference!

Many many many thanks in advance!

Chris

Posted: 10 December 2013 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

A new GI series is planned for the future, but for now check: http://www.cineversity.com/forums/viewthread/1130/ for the pertinent information.