A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Planting/cloning instances of gizmo rigs
Posted: 29 January 2013 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-11-26

Hey all,
I’m not sure about the best road to go researching down on this. The basic idea is that I’d like to be able to plant/spawn/clone multiple instances of a gizmo rig I’ve made, with unique dynamics and such on each instance. The rig uses Xpresso, spline dynamics, bones, etc… I’d like each one to follow the rules of the original, but follow it’s own unique path.

What is the best route for me to pursue here? Should these instances/gizmos be Thinking Particles? Mograph Clones? Just do it manually with clones? As you can see by my screenshot, the poly count is fairly high. Thanks for any guidance or suggestions you can give me.

(For context, they are going to be used in a video where a cyclist’s bike leaves a trail of little eggs on the ground that blossom into the plant gizmo, lift off and fly away… each in a slightly unique fashion)

Posted: 29 January 2013 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Motion504,

To my knowledge there is no option given to have XPresso working Clone or Particle based.

I can only suggest, without having seen any details (other than the description above), that you turn the “gizmo” (not a C4D term, just saying, as it otherwise confuses some readers) into a pure Keyframe animation and plant Thinking Particles along the way. The time (life) of an particle should take care of it. Perhaps you might iterate among some variations of the animation (”... each in a slightly unique fashion”).

If the path of the bike can be used for the PMatterwaves, perhaps that would be an “idea”.

I have no idea how many frames this “gizmo” animation would need to look good, perhaps it can be set up like a Clone-modification/sort option.

I hope this small chunk of information helps a little, there is certainly more…(Python?)

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]