A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Xpresso Maker - where to download?
Posted: 10 December 2012 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-05-28

Is Xpresso Maker still available?  I can see the tutorials but no mention of where to get the scripts…

Posted: 10 December 2012 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

The finished scripts can be found attached to part 02 of the series (http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/xpresso_maker_intro_getting_the_xpresso_tag)
Just look for the files icon in the description.

Although the real gold is building the script yourself, which is the real purpose of that series.

Python is the TDs friend :D

Anyway hope that helps.

Posted: 10 December 2012 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-05-28

Thanks Patrick.  I have the series saved in my favorites as I’m going to have to look through there anyway, but wanted to be able to look at the finished product to reverse-engineer.  Just getting into Xpresso and need all the help I can get. smile

Posted: 10 December 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Ryan,

If you are new to XPresso, this is not the series I would suggest at all. This is for users who use XPresso since long and like to automate XPresso set ups. In fact I would not recommend them if one would like to learn XPresso, as each automatism keeps “you” away from feeling “in charge” of the tools. A reason why I do not suggest Plug ins or presets while one is learning.

It’s like taking a Helicopter to get breakfast from the bakery around the corner.

If I read your lines correctly, your expectation is—that these tutorials will help you to turn “something” into a complete XPresso script. Not the case.

======================================================

Learning XPresso—There are three things that needs to be known:

—the formats that can be used in the “wires” among the nodes (real, vector, matrix. etc)

—the nodes function (it works -even not knowing all of them! If you have a problems finding the right one—ask)

—you need to know what you would like to do ;o)

I have made a series for the first and second part, the third part is up to you of course, as this is an fairly open system and powerful enough to create even after many years new solutions.

(My english was very rusty while I did those tutorials, please bear with them. As the functions haven’t changed (or nearly not changed) and the formats in the pipes/wires are the same, they are usable. I mention them as you said “...and need all the help I can get.” Search: Xpresso_101.

The formats are finite, and will take short time to get to know. The nodes might take a while, but each of them is rather simple than complicated in its nature. Most people struggle to understand e.g., the Matrix or Xpresso at all, because they think it is complicated. I believe it is less complicated than some third parties like to show it ;o)

I have learned it by going through the nodes one after one, playing with them.

The forum is always open for questions about.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Fruitbowl Layout      Butterfly UV Mapping ››