A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Asset Browser documentation
Posted: 13 January 2023 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2019-07-22

I downloaded a rigged puppet figure from the Asset Browser and it looks beautiful. But I can find no way to affect its controls. Everything is protected. And when I take off the protection tag, it still doesn’t work so far as I can tell. Is there documentation somewhere for how to use these assets?

I also downloaded a motion capture file that I hoped to use with the puppet figure, but the rigging is quite different so nothing lines up. Will the motion capture file work with characters made using the character object? I can always replace the rig in the puppet with the character object rig, but that seems like a waste of good rigging.

Thanks

Posted: 13 January 2023 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi fordmar,

We have a new forum; please use it for the next question. Thank you.

Which Character? 

What Character works with which Motion Capture is not a general question. The Character Definition Tag might help.

However, it might be difficult or impossible if the joints do not match. Again, it depends. Like some characters have a different amount of joints as the Spine. There is no option to compensate for that, sometimes it doesn’t show so much, but two joints can’t deliver the same movement as three of four.

All the best, and see you in the new forum!

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]