A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

2 of 2
Quick question about After Effects opening an aec file from C4D
Posted: 24 September 2022 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2012-04-04

So, it’s been over four months since I contacted Maxon support about the need to have an AEC importer plugin that works with Apple Silicon Macs (and wrote about it here). Does anyone know whether that C4D Importer plugin has been updated? My online searches have come up empty. Looking at the C4DImporter.plugin that comes in the Exchange Plugins folder in the brand-new R26, that plugin is dated May 20, 2019, which is the same old version.

I suppose I can use Cineware, but it’s WAY overkill and a much-less efficient workflow for me.

Best.

Shawn

Posted: 24 September 2022 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Shawn,

I don’t know how you got a new R26 download with a plug-in from May 20, 2019. I would encourage you to check the current download again, and if that doesn’t work, perhaps another visit to the support.

I have had asked the Group Product Manager back in May. I just checked it; no change, and currently, there should be no old plug-in in the installation.

Cheers

Edit: This works now, so far I got feedback. Fresh download and all is fine. /edit

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

2 of 2