A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Swapping Image Sequence Materials in Separate Takes
Posted: 14 September 2022 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2022-09-14

I’m still pretty new to Cinema 4D overall, so I apologize if this description is weirdly written or hard to follow.

So basically, I’m trying to use takes to create a set of animations for a robot character that I need to export as an FBX. The robot’s face is a screen so I used after effects to create separate image sequences to use as materials. From what I’ve learned about the takes system so far, I think I should be able to create multiple versions of the robot with a blank face material. Then I could go into each individual take and load my image sequence in. At least that’s what I thought. I’m having trouble separating the main version from my first take. Every time I try to add the image sequence material, it applies to the main version as well. Maybe I don’t know enough about the take system. I know that I should have to override those material parameters but all of the parameters are unlocked already? Not quite sure what to do and my problem seems to be too specific to find any resources online.

So I was hoping that someone more experienced could explain if I’m working about this the right way, and if there’s anything I should do to fix this material/override issue. For reference I’m using C4D 2023 on a Mac M1.

Thank you all!

Posted: 14 September 2022 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi santino.f72,

Please ensure you have selected the content and not just the Take.

• There is that square icon on the left selects the Take to be used in the scene.

• Then there is the Take name; if that is clicked, the content of that Take is shown on the right.

This is the origin from which I get the most questions from artists.

Here is a project file that hopefully helps to clear that point. Please compare what you see on the screen and in the right content field of the Takes. The Red and Green color of the “TV Box” should help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwcby373d3os1y2/CV3_2023_drs_22_TAis_01.zip?dl=0

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]