A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

scale of camera icons
Posted: 24 July 2019 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2019-06-18

How do I change the size of my camera icons? Right now it looks like the linked image.

http://allenhanford.com/other/art/camerasize.jpg

Posted: 25 July 2019 01:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi TJPaul,

This sounds like an easy to answer question, and a decade ago it would have been. Since a while, Cinema4D requires to work on all levels properly using a particular scale. It goes these days even further with over a dozen 3rd party renders, whereby each of these might show at one point an individual behavior based on specific settings. Most answers that were given during the time where a “Unit-is-a-Unit” have only limited relevance these days.

Example: the camera icon size is dependent on the scale that you have had set up in the Attribute Manager>Mode> Project> Project Settings: Scale Project. Any conversion of the scale based on this with result in a change of the Icon. However, it also changes the Depth of Field results during rendering and other parameters. If the Project settings are done from the start properly, then all will be fine. Again, I can’t tell if there is any 3rd party renderer who might not like it, but I could find anything there off, so I’m perhaps just cautious here. What is a good scale? For me, it is always when the main objects can be defined with the first three digits left from the decimal point, which requires to think in meter, cm, or mm, etc.

Typically all should be fine while setting the camera scale to S.X, S.Y, S.Z to 0.1, preferable before animation. Select the Position and Rotation parameters, then right mouse click one of these and Animation>Add Keyframe selection, to avoid that the scale is accidentally changed while setting keyframes. It should be all fine with this, but as I mentioned, I can’t tell if there is a problem somewhere ‘down the road’.

I hope that helps

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 20 June 2022 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2021-12-08

Make sure you are in Object mode and not in Model mode, then just scale the camera.