A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

More In-Depth Toon Rig Guide
Posted: 23 April 2021 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2021-03-26

Upon viewing the Toon Rig Tutorials and applying the knowledge. I find myself scratching my head at certain parts that were skimmed/skipped over without any real explanation. 
Where do I place all the Con_Parents, Blink_Shape_con+, Posers (ex upper lip poser), etc. Seems like these weren’t explained at all for their location or what they do. An overall detailed diagram of their placements along with the other blue spheres would be very helpful.

I also find weight painting very difficult as well. Bret Bays’ tutorials give decent example for beginners. However, I still run into trouble when there’s so many limbs that need to be painted and sometimes they overlap. The tutorial fast forwards through it and I really wish there was just a tutorial on that alone fully for this rig particularly.

The tutorial Bret Bays covers isn’t as in depth to help with the overall weight painting.
Example: Painting Up_Leg_1_Bind - Up_Leg_5_Bind which makes me think I’m done with that section, only to find out I have to paint the lthighbend & lthightwist which covers all of what I just painted…so what do I do?

Fan Joints are mentioned, yet there’s no single tutorial that covers it.

Lastly, I know I’m not the only person who runs into these problems. Why not make a tutorial on the most common mistakes/issues with this toon rig that you and the users run into and how to fix them? I’m sure many mistakes were made when this feature of Toon Rig was released to you and I think many would be grateful for this.
Cheers!!
-Richard

Posted: 23 April 2021 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the suggestions, Richard.

Very detailed and helpful.

Have a great weekend

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 15 January 2022 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2021-08-25

Agreed. Am struggling with this now. Several controllers are spoken of with a different name, have to connect the dots a bit to figure it out. The pace is too fast, feels more like a tour than a tutorial. What would be helpful is a single ordered list of which components to place in which order, with a brief note about placement. A document is easier to consult than a video.

BTW I think Sam Winters from Digital Meat would make a fine addition to your tutorial team. His videos are always very clear and well paced.