A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Two easy questions
Posted: 18 November 2021 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2021-09-24

1. What happened to the link to open the online manual - mines missing where I used to access it (R24)?

2. Where do I control the start of a video texture map? Mines playing but I want to delay the start time. It used to be in the Material manager/viewport link. Now when I click “animation” it no longer gives me the options from earlier versions.

Thanks!

Posted: 18 November 2021 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Randy,

Here is a one-minute clip of S24 showing help and the Animation-clip options. I usually try not to answer from memory and check things newly. Is that what you are looking for?

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/USCyPCGWQNdKtkveZWqmgxHsJGZht3LJGlTenDXWl1E

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 18 November 2021 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2021-09-24

Dr. Sassi,

Thank you for this animation. I saw a similar tutorial here in the forum and I can’t say if it is or isn’t. It may be and I’m just using it wrong. My animation is 150 frames but the geometry it’s mapped to starts at frame zero. I’d like to delay the start of the texture map (animation) from playing until frame 160.

I’ve played with the different options (including reading the help info) and can’t tell if this is or isn’t what I’m looking for. Either way I haven’t been successful at delaying the start until frame 160.

Will continue exploring tomorrow.

Thank You
R.Cates

Posted: 18 November 2021 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the extra information, R.Cates.

Two things must be established if you like to have it visible after frame 160 while it starts at frame 160 with its frame one plus starts to be visible.

(1) Range Start needs to be at 160, and (2) you need to animate the use of that Material.

The easiest way to animate the use of a Material is via animated Selections (Attribute Manager> Material Tag) or animated the content of the Alpha channel, e.g., with a Color Shader.

The interface of the animation parameter might be confusing. It is simple when you remember: Range is for the playtime in the editor (It is always visible, but when it starts and stops (playing/running) is based on the Range.

What part of the movie clip is played are the two parameters below: Movie Start and Stop, like cutting start and end away.
This duration of the movie will then fill the Range. You can even play a movie backward: Movie Start number must be higher than the Movie End.

If you need an example, please let me know.

Cheers

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 18 November 2021 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2021-09-24

Outstanding info. I’ll give it a try and get back to you if I get stuck.

Thanks again.
R.Cates

Posted: 18 November 2021 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2021-09-24

That did the trick. In fact it dawned on my that I don’t need an animated set of images when the alpha determines the reveal so I swapped the animation of the pictures for a .png file of stills.

Thank you so much for your help. Moving forward.

R.Cates

Posted: 18 November 2021 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks a lot, for the reply, R. Cates!

My best wishes for your projects.

Signature 

NEW: