A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

5 of 5
CV Toolbox R23
Posted: 14 April 2021 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2021-03-28
adam - 04 December 2020 08:48 AM

Hi there. I have followed the instruction to run the latest CV Tools in R23 (mac) but I am getting nothing. No pop up window when I start and no sign of it in extensions. Any idea why this could be?

Cheers
Adam

HELP!

Like Adam, I too have followed the instructions for installation and there is NO trace of CV Toolbox after restarting Cinema.  I am also noticing other plugins are not found (SketchFab, Megascans) but some will show up (MagicBook, MagicSolo, MagicPreview).  Also, when I have Octane and Redshift installed in the same directory they do not show up in Cinema on restart, however when I move them over to the /Applications/Maxon Cinema 4D R23/plugins folder they DO show up in the app and work.

It’s puzzling why CV Toolbox and certain other plugins will not show up under ‘Extensions’ in the app after installation in the User/Library/Preferences/Maxon Cinema 4D R23/plugins directory.  Any insight to help will be greatly appreciated as I do NOT want to reinstall everything to test if that fixes the issue.

My specs:
Mac OS 10.13.6
Mac Pro 5,1
Python 2.7.10
C4D R23.110 Build RB330286

Thanks,
Brad

Posted: 14 April 2021 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]  
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2020-09-08

And suddenly, there it is: CV-Layer-Comps in S24!
Thank you so much! <3

I’m really grateful for updating, but a single update on the timing would have gone such a long way.
Please try to be more transparent on the progress of things. I can take a message like “It will last
‘til April” muuuch better than no communication at all.

Again, thanks! This was my biggest painpoint for a while.

Posted: 12 July 2021 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2020-03-20

Hey all,
sorry if this issue has already been solved. But from what I read on the last two pages of this thread, I couldn’t find a solution.
Up until R23 I never had problems with the cv toolbox. But now I finally installed S24.

I can install the toolbox without any issues. When I open it, check the tools that I want and hit “install”, everything gets downloaded and it shows a progressbar for the installation. But in the end it says “all installations failed”.

I attached the log file and a screenshot.
maybe someone can point me in a direction that helps me solve this problem.
Thank you very much…

Posted: 12 July 2021 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]  
Joined  2020-03-20

As I wanted to post my log file and I couldn’t, I actually read it. Turned out, I had to start Cinema4D “as admin” in order to install the cv scripts and plugins…
Thank you all…

Posted: 01 November 2021 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-12-18

After install in C4D 25.015 the toolbox is empty.

Posted: 08 July 2022 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]  
Joined  2020-11-08

The tool box wont install for me in r25 given the lack of responses is this feature just not included anymore?

5 of 5

‹‹ CV-ArtSmart      CV-Layer Comps Manager ››