A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

S24 Asset Browser Button
Posted: 26 May 2021 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2021-03-09

Is the version 24 C4D Asset Browser a standard feature. If so, why does it not appear in the UI? Thank you!

Posted: 26 May 2021 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Joined  2021-03-09

Thank you, Dr, Sassi! I just updated to s24. In this video, https://youtu.be/ptS—DPFIGY there is a reference to the Asset Browser… There is a button—to the left of the coordinate system button, I believe. But in my version there is no Asset Browser button appearing. Is it a workspece related issue? I know it is just my lack of experience that is confusing me! Thank you!!

Posted: 26 May 2021 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi salerno.john,

I’m not quite sure what you are seeing (or not, for that matter).

Is it the icon below? IF you link to a video, please share the time [min:sec] where you saw it.

Please, if you have a new question, do not place it in a thread that covers something else. Otherwise, it is tough to read through a thread for others. Thanks.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 26 May 2021 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

(This post has been moved from a different thread, as the question was doubled.)

Hi salerno.john

Is it this button (images below)?

Perhaps not yellow, as that is only a new feature high lighter.
Any predefined Layout has it.

Let me know.

Cheers

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 27 May 2021 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2021-03-09

It is this icon. And the speaker is showing the Asset Browser. Sorry about crossing needles through threads. I will avoid that. Time = 4:03… There is an entire section regarding the subject.

Posted: 27 May 2021 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi salerno.john,

Thanks for the “time” of the movie.

I have stress tested the app, e.g., resized the UI to see if the Icon might disappear when small. It shows pretty much always.

If you have a copy of S24, it should be visible. No idea what is going on. It is a newly installed S24.037 copy latest version, right?

Please try this: Shift + C (Hold down the shift, when you press c), then type Asset Browser, return. Is the Asset Browser open now? Or try Shift+F8.

Perhaps you need to check with the support.
https://www.maxon.net/en/

Fingers crossed, we will figure this out.

Cheers

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 27 May 2021 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2021-03-09

I tried shift/ asset browser search—initial caps and all lower case—just in case… Nothing found:( Are you looking on a Mac or Windows machine. The video creator is using Mac. I am on a newer Windows 10 machine. I will try your suggestions! And, as always: Thanks!

Posted: 27 May 2021 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi salerno.john,

Hold down the shift key, then press the c key.

This opens the commander.

Type in Asset Browser, then press return.

Please share a screenshot from the top part of the interface (800x600pixels max).
I really don’t know what you see, and please provide the version you use.

Feel free to contact the support.

All the best

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 27 May 2021 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Joined  2021-03-09

I found the problem. Even though I asked support to assist me in updating to S24, and I installed it, it seems that C4D has its own way of doing update? If version 24 is installed, it is currently still opening version 23. The more I have read about version 24, the more I think this may temporarily be a blessing in disguise:) There are bugs that still need to be resolved in v24. I apologize for bothering you! BUT: This brings up another very important question. I am an expert user of many types of software: Adobe CC software, for instance. But, when it comes to C4D, I am Forrest Gump!

Is there a way to (I do this often with other software when I need to open old files, etc.) choose the version you open and possibly revert to r23 orr select 24, or even and older version? I notice in some tutorials the producer can show you differences by opening the same file in different versions of C4D. Is this complicated?

The product is AMAZING! But Cineversity and the Documentation leaves a lot to be desired. Maxon asked me to be a part of the Maxon Backstage team. I have many contributions that will make it easier for new users to acclimate to C4D! Thanks for your patience!

Posted: 27 May 2021 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the update, salerno.john.

Hence why I asked you a couple of times to give me the version-number, which is in the Help> About. This would have cleared it.

If you need to have things split among versions, I would suggest naming your files accordingly, as backward compatibility is never something that will work flawlessly. If you are familiar with other software, then you know how that goes, especially with plug-ins and code—anyway, I advise for many reasons against it. … and yes, if I could, I would keep Ps CS6 and Ai8 running, but that is not possible anymore. So yes, I get what you mean.

I understand the problems of being fluent in some applications and then start a new one. I do learn for over two decades each month a new app or major update to keep this “starter” feeling fresh. It allows me to feel in a similar way many artists here must feel during their first steps into Cinema 4D. It is a good lesson to run against the wall with an unknown app at least once a month. wink

What have I learned in the past three decades using 3D software? Never try to find the tools in the new one that the previously used one had. It limits only one’s progress. Like moving from Photoshop to Affinity, it just doesn’t work at all.

If you find a problem, I would appreciate discussing this with Tech-Support, or if you get access to Backstage, check there as well. To call something, a bug is not easy, as often many parameters play into this game. Here in the forum, it leaves only other artists with uncertainty, and I really would like to keep this out. Thanks for considering. If you have trouble, I like to find a work around of course, for the time being.

The mood and tone that I try here to keep: to make people welcome, safe to ask things, and never feel even close to something like being embarrassed about any question. The past has shown me that critical people are not really helping me with this target.

All the best

Signature 

NEW: