A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Toolbox Installation not working on S24 mac 10.15.7
Posted: 25 May 2021 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2013-11-14

I cannot get the toolbox to work!
Installed according to the video instructions (mac centric instructions would be useful)

It loaded everything as it should, but then when i ran C4d, none of the plug-ins appeared (it did have 10 User scripts show up).

Checked the install window and it had loaded them into my downloads folder. So i tried to remove the files and do a re-install but now the user scripts remain, but i cannot get the toolbox interface to appear at all.

I’ve even tried re-installing Cinema to see if that woudl clear things out but it didnt.

I have no clue how to get this working - and i really need to use ArtSmart !!

any ideas?

thanks
Adam

Posted: 25 May 2021 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2019-10-28

Hey Adam,

What path did you specify in the Toolbox installation path? The latest version of Toolbox allows you to choose a custom path, but you’ll need to manually link that path in the Plugins page of the Preferences. It sounds like if the plugins were loaded in the downloads folder that must’ve been set as the custom path, so you’ll need to copy them into the C4D prefs/plugins folder or use the Plugins page of Preferences to link to the folder where they live.

If that doesn’t explain the problem, check the C4D Console (accessible from the Extensions menu) to see if there’s any errors in the Python tab. That might help us track down the issue. Also, are you on BigSur? M1? Both -should- work for S24 but they aren’t tested.

Cheers,
Rick

Posted: 25 May 2021 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2013-11-14

thanks Rick…thats pretty much exactly what i did in the end. Figured the best way was to create a new plugins folder totally separate from Cinema, and create a link to it, then tried install again and it worked!

now the issue is the .ai file is was sent is full of symbols that ArtSmart doesn’t like…back to manually rebuilding a crappy logo !

thanks again
adam

Posted: 25 May 2021 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2019-10-28

I think you can convert symbols in Ai, can’t you?

I hear you though - symbol support is high on my list.