A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Cryptomatte rendering to nowhere
Posted: 24 February 2021 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2020-07-14

Hello All,

I’ve exhausted my ideas on how to remedy this situation- two actually.  I’m rendering out my AOV’s via redshift and for one, my cryptomatte, rendered as a separate file outside the multipass option, is not showing up in the selected file destination when the render is completed.  I don’t see it anywhere at all.  Also, my AOV’s render out with a heavily color burned look - this is both with apply color processing checked, and then unchecked.  I’m convinced it’s somewhere in my settings bc I set up a simple scene file and I’m able to get a separated cryptomatte and properly colored AOV’s.  I’ve attached what I hope are helpful images.  thank you.

Posted: 24 February 2021 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi jleehunter,

To my understanding, the [Redshift] Direct and the [Redshift] Multi-Pass options are based on the [Cinema 4D] Save and [Cinema 4D] Multi-Pass settings.

I have no problems rendering out passes in both ways, while I do not change the default of the [Redshift] AOV Manager> Filename (not path!).
The tokens ($…_$…) in these fields will be replaced accordingly with the path_name that you have given in the [Cinema 4D] Save field.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 26 February 2021 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2020-07-14

YEEE-HAAAWW!!  I’m embarrassed to have missed something so basic, but thank you very much.  I had at some point renamed the default AOV path and once I imported the project into a new one, resetting all render settings there was no issue.  And I may have overlooked my color space in AE, which was the reason for the burned looking render.  thank you , problem solved!

Posted: 26 February 2021 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the lovely feedback, jleehunter!

Happy compositing!

ENJOY.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]