A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Missing rendered frames
Posted: 24 February 2021 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2019-09-30

Rendered 100 frames to a folder created within the render settings dialog, launched render and everything went as normal.

When going into AE to import frames I couldn’t find the directory I rendered to. I did a system search for the named frames and came up blank.

Physically created a directory to re-render to and while doing so I saw the folder I couldn’t find with a list of - what looks like - rendered frames. My system doesn’t find them in a search and I can’t open any. If I manually save one of my rendered frames and try to over right one, the system warns me I’m overwriting a frame. This makes me thing they’re actually there.

Has anyone experienced this?

Attached image showing greyed out frames.

Posted: 24 February 2021 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi rcates,

Only parts of the Finder that could receive images (that would be folders or a disk) will not be grayed out in Save mode. I do not find anything wrong with that.

That Ae can’t open them is not fun. If you use an AEC file from your scene file and open that in Ae, will it find these frames?

Are the rendered frames in the Picture Viewer? If so, save them again as animation.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 24 February 2021 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2019-09-30

I’m rushing out but real quick, I closed the program once it finished but even the frames I’m currently rendering aren’t going where they should. Something’s funcky I’ll save the new ones (and confirm) before quitting until I discover what’s up..

Thanks Dr. Sassi.

Posted: 24 February 2021 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the update, rcates.

Perhaps run the Disk Utility.

Without anything here, I really can’t do anything for you.

… get into contact with the support?

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]