A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

4 of 5
CV Toolbox R23
Posted: 23 October 2020 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-03-08

I can’t seem to login in S22. The login button simply doesn’t do anything when I click it. Please help!

Posted: 23 October 2020 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2013-12-06

Greetings,

CV-Toolbox should not be popping up a log-in window since it should connect directly to your My Maxon account. From recent reports, this usually indicates that CV-Toolbox was installed in the wrong folder, or there is another instance of CV-Toolbox somewhere in your Cinema4D folder that is conflicting.

One recommended solution is “Shutdown C4D and delete the cvToolbox folder that is created in the C4D root folder. Then launch Cinema and it should work.”

Make sure you have installed CV-Toolbox in the correct folder path.

Posted: 17 November 2020 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-01-10

I am trying to install this on r23 on mac—does that not work?

Why are plugins so ridiculous now. Very frustrating!

Posted: 17 November 2020 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2013-12-06

Greetings,

Yes, CV-Toolbox works on R23 Mac.

What sort of error(s) are you running into?

Posted: 17 November 2020 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
Joined  2012-01-10

I have no idea what folder I’m supposed to put it in. I put it in the prefs/plugins folder. Nothing happens. I created another plugins folder. Nothing happens. Is it supposed to be in the cv folder or loose? I have no idea if I have too many copies or none - totally confused by the plugin setp.

Posted: 17 November 2020 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
Joined  2012-01-10

Is there any actual chat support I could talk to?

Posted: 17 November 2020 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2013-12-06

Greetings,

Installing on R23

To Install CV-Toolbox:
- You will need to download the .zip folder from Cineversity by clicking the “Files” button. You will then need to extract the plugin before placing it in your plugins folder. The .zip folder will NOT work. It must be unzipped.
- When you’re inside Cinema 4D, Go to Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Folder. This will take you to your Cinema 4D Preference folder.
- Navigate to the Plugins folder and put the CV-Toolbox in this folder. If there is no plugins folder, you can create one.
If you already have C4D open, you will have to restart the program before you will see the plugin appear.

Also, make sure to have only one instance of CV-Toolbox installed in your preference/plugins folder, or else it will not run correctly.
Also make sure you have downloaded the latest version of CV-Toolbox, as older versions will not work.

We currently don’t have chat support.
If you need assistance, such as screen sharing to help with debugging, we recommend you contact Maxon Tech Support, and they should be able to help install the plugins.
Link: https://support.maxon.net/index.php

Posted: 01 December 2020 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2006-07-26

Hi there, I have the problem that CV Toolbox start in R23. Its showing up in the extensions, but when I click it nothing happens. I rarely used it so far maybe I overlook something? Just need CV artsmart for a project. Is it possible to install artsmart only if CV Toolbox isnt supported yet? Thanks in advance!
Mark

Posted: 01 December 2020 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]  
Joined  2006-07-26

Sorry, I did manage to make it work, I think it was a conflict with the plugin installed in the traditional AND preferences plugin folder.

Posted: 01 December 2020 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]  
Joined  2006-07-26

...but next to showing up in Extensions it doesnt work.
It applies artsmart tags that dont work, doesnt drop paths in artsmart object, doesnt applies extrude caps etc…
I tried paste without succes and import without succes…
doesnt open the AI pathes in AI again, doesnt create materials
(yes I tried saving AI8 fileformat and AI 2020)
Is there any workaround to make it perform in R23?
(I’m on win10 here)
Thanks in advance!
Mark

Posted: 04 December 2020 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-10-18

Hi there. I have followed the instruction to run the latest CV Tools in R23 (mac) but I am getting nothing. No pop up window when I start and no sign of it in extensions. Any idea why this could be?

Cheers
Adam

Posted: 30 December 2020 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]  
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2011-12-22

Just as a heads up on this same topic.
I was having similar issues. The CV-ToolBox would request that I log in. I would attempt to log in and nothing would happen. I figured something was weird.
In the end it turned out to be that in my Prefrences Folder the folder labeled “cvToolbox” was causing the issue where it would require me to attempt to log in.
(notice that there’s no “-” in that folder name as it’s not the folder that houses the actual plugin… it’s the one that holds the log info).

After I deleted that folder out, it then allowed CV-ToolBox to open properly in R23.

This was on a Windows machine. I hope that might help someone else out if they’re haveing a similar issue.
Peace

Posted: 09 February 2021 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]  
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-06-09

Various plugins will not install.

I am running v23.110 latest version on Big Sur 11.2

It kicks the error FAILED INSTALLATION

Posted: 16 February 2021 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]  
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-06-09

Various plugins will not install.

I am running v23.110 latest version on Big Sur 11.2

It kicks the error FAILED INSTALLATION

I had forgotten that you can manually install these as well, I have done so for now.
I would still like to know why the installs through the installer will not work?

Posted: 13 April 2021 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]  
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2020-09-08

I just installed S24. A window opened with an update to CV-Toolbox. My hopes were rising - would there finally be an updated CV-LayerComps for R23/S24 as well?
And then - nothing.
Team Maxon, I love you and C4D, but guys, come on now. I need to work with heavy scenes, and the only way to make them managable is via layers. And to mute a layer you need 8 clicks in vanilla C4D, even in S24. I don’t get it, it’s such an oversight in for a user-oriented software with good UX. But 8 clicks. To mute a layer!

CV-Layer-Comps solved this elegantly, but it’s not available since R23. Rick Barrett said “it was in the works” but never answered to any enquiries:
https://www.cineversity.com/forums/viewthread/4256/P15/

For now I’m stuck with S22 and it’s own bag of bugs. I’d love to work in S24 (the Placement-Tools are fantastic!) but I just can’t work doing Octo-clicks to mute a layer.

What to do? Please help!

4 of 5

‹‹ CV-ArtSmart      CV-Layer Comps Manager ››