A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Retopology For Stylized Characters (For animation or gaming)
Posted: 16 October 2020 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2020-09-18

Hi!

May I ask for a retopology tutorial for C4D. I would like to learn some retopology techniques and principles. There is this modeling tool in Maya called Quad Draw, and it has this “Relax polygon” option where when you use it, it relaxes the polygons on your object, while also maintaining the connection between the “reference” object (the object being used to “stick” the “retopo” object) and the “retopo” object. Basically, its like Polygon Pen’s “Reproject Result”, but for smoothing out polygons (I cannot find any tools that does this in Cinema 4D, so I was hoping for a tutorial that might teach me if there is a way to do this or an alternative (hopefully not shrink wrap deformer))

Posted: 16 October 2020 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi georgewhite331,

As mentioned, this function is not available. Smoothing while a second object’s surface is acknowledged.
https://www.cineversity.com/forums/viewthread/4287/#17325

Since I pointed out already that a feature request is the only way to create progress here, we have to wait until it might be implemented.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 16 October 2020 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2020-09-18

I see, I apologize for not checking your reply first on my last post. The “smoothing” thing aside, I would still like to request for a tutorial on retopology for gaming/animation. There is no retopology tutorial here in Cineversity, and I think it would be a great addition.

Thank you

‹‹ unwrap bow animation      Interactive scenes ››