A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

2 of 2
Another OpArt Question
Posted: 17 September 2020 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Alex,

So far, I made some explorations with Vertex colors, but they don’t get blended like the clones. So, no go so far.

Looping in the Formula Effector is based on the formula.
In you set up it is
sin(((id / count) + t/4) * f * 360.0)

So, given 360 and f=1, then time is divided by four, which means: after four seconds, it matches the starting point. If you change anything in the formula, it will change that outcome, I’m sure you said in your head, “I know that…”, but since I write in a forum, I have to go a little bit broader.

So, if that would be the only influence, it would be easy.

In the Cloner, the Rate is set to 8%. 100/8 = 12.5 will give you the seconds until it loops with this value. So after 100 frames ([sic]), it will match the starting point. With 8.33333’%, it will match after 8 seconds.
Edit, 0-119 frames while the project was set up with 30 fps. /edit

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 17 September 2020 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-01-05

Hey Sassi
I tried those values, but neither 8% Cloner loop rate (at 12.5 sec total) or 8.333% Cloner loop rate (at 8 sec) seem to work.  I can’t enter more than 3 decimals, but maybe that is because of a preference setting?

Thanks again for trying with the colors, this is looking pretty great already…

Posted: 18 September 2020 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks, Alex,

I obviously just missed that it was at 30fps. So 240 frames, 8 seconds, but: (That happens obviously working with 24/25/30/48/50/60, etc. fps projects. Sorry, my mistake.

I have checked it, and it works even in half the time. 0-119 Frames. (I checked it first with the Doodle, then with a render.

What surprises me, it doesn’t hold for 12 or 16 seconds—no idea what influence that causes.

Screen capture and preview render:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/iWo358EaRUkuwyQILMrmVsuEuChUHEvefZv6TuyTe5X

If you check this in QuickTime option(alt)/CMD/L to loop.
You can place the 100/12 into the field, and with the return, it sets the values more precisely than just typing 8.333.
====

I checked this afternoon a lot of combinations, with Vertex color, vertex alpha, etc. What I found is that Alembic takes what comes, and works with it, so most of the “rings” got four Vertex maps. Well, To make that happen, I had set up 19 rings instead of 3, each with different vertex information. Otherwise, I have not found a way to get it done. Not yet. So I ended up with a lot of rings, each with four vertex maps. Not useable.

The application you have mentioned works only with Windows, and certain Graphic Cards, so I could even check a demo. However, I saw on the tutorial page that they have cloners, but since I didn’t watch them, I do not know how much this can be duplicated over there in Notch.

Enjoy your project

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 18 September 2020 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-01-05

Amazing, works very well, thanks Sassi!

Posted: 18 September 2020 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks a lot, Alex; you’re very welcome.

Always a pleasure to look into these questions.

My best wishes for your project.

Signature 

NEW:

2 of 2

‹‹ Melt..      FBX Animation.. R23.. ››