A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

motionclips + posemorph
Posted: 16 September 2020 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2019-10-11

is there a way to store posemorph-keys in a motionclip and save it as a motionsource ?

Posted: 16 September 2020 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi 4be.a,

Your question didn’t seem to be a tutorial request. If so, let me know, and I move it back.

• Adjust the PoseMorph to the target that you have for the Animation -Clip.
• Then, while the object is selected, Object Manager> Object> Current State to Object.
Optional: Set up the required hierarchy, as the Animation System needs to have (it always must match).
• The new object needs one PLA keyframe.
• While the new object with PLA information is active, use the Main Menu> Animate> Add Motion Clip.

I would suggest having ten or more frames recorded, so when you drag them into the timeline/track, they are not too little.

It might be that the Timeline-Track is not showing up. To get the Animation track: Timeline Menu> View> Automatic Mode.

• Alternative: Animation Clips directly from the PoseMoprh’s object while the Bake-Expression checkbox is on. This sets the Motion System Tag to the PoseMorph’s object, which I think is not ideal, but it works, as long as you switch the little film-strip off in the timeline. (Besides, limited options to set up an individual Hierarchy.)

I hope that works for you.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 16 September 2020 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

P.S.:

Here is a short screen capture of the suggested process.
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/0feI26rKpD6NBjq656vrPSo4qmvDraod3PhwqL4rxdt

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 17 September 2020 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2019-10-11

thanx for answering,

i dont know if the thing with the cube is the same process i wanted to do…

(i want to animate the eye-blinks of a character via pose-morph-tag(lid-down-animation)
then make a motionclip from the blinking character (+ delete the original keys).
then save the nla as a motionsource to transfer/load this motionclip/source on a different document with the same character who is not blinking yet,
(having the same posemorph).

as i tried it the posemorph-keys were not baked into the motionclip also with baked_in pla….
probably its not possible without current_state_to_object like you proposed it.
have to try this with a joint-based facerig…asap…

Posted: 17 September 2020 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

HI 4be.a,

I usually ask for a scene file. So the questions will not go on and on to share more details with each post. Every new unveiled detail will often render anything said before useless. It is impossible to go from a general question in all possible information.

(I’m happy to give you an upload link if it has to stay private [not preferred, as no one else can learn from it] or I download from Dropbox, Amazon, Apple, Adobe, Wetransfer, or Google. I do not use other cloud service nor shortened URL for security reasons.)

The Eye-blinking is undoubtedly not done with a single PLA, given the idea that it is rotational motion. So, you need the full sequence of the animation. So from one storage of the points, you multiply the amount of data a lot. This must be done for a good reason then.

Animation Clip can do PLA animations, but as mentioned, you need to have the same hierarchy always in the clip already. The Position of the Animation Clip Tag specifies the hierarchy-position. Anything below that needs to match.  So before you start, this must be a standard. It ends up in a huge mess otherwise. Do you want to move the whole animation into Animation clips?

In other words: What animation will overwrite others? Given the low information I have, I’m not clear about the whole set up. I do not see an advantage right now.  I saw it with single static poses, blending, but honestly, also here, the Posemorph is much faster. What do I miss?

So, do you need an upload link?

All the best

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 18 September 2020 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2019-10-11

no thanx , upload link is not necessary.
ending up with posemorph in this case.

kind regards & all the best

Posted: 18 September 2020 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the update, 4be.a!

My best wishes for your project.

Cheers

Signature 

NEW: