A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Siggraph 2016 Rewind - Derya Ozturk: New MoGraph Features in R18
Posted: 01 June 2020 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2018-10-11

Hello, I would like to know how does Derya colorize the Voronoi Fracture pieces (different pinks).
Thank you.
Best
Anunciada

Posted: 01 June 2020 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Anunciada,

If I spotted it correctly, he uses a Random Effector to set Weight for the next Effector to use. The second Effector was then only there to set the color.

However you like to do it, the first step is to set the Voronoi> Object> Colorize Fragments… to none.

In the files below, I have used two ways to get to monochrome colored Fragments.

The first example [01] uses an Effector to set to Parameter> Fields Color. Then a formula effector uses the ID that each clone has to produce a value. The count is the overall number of Fragments here. So with ID/count, the result is always between 0 and 1. Which sets the color. The value 0 provides white, and the value 1 gives the full color that is chosen.

The second example [11] uses the gray-value that results from just the numbers as above, but no Fields object is used here. The colors are then produced in the Material, while the MoGraph Color provides these gray (or black to white) values, and the Colorizer translates it to any color you like to have, based on the brightness to gradient translation.

Project files
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/XoWLZLf50SzYlovMOUeANDRtaFnI2XT1wclnG9ivpqd

I hope that gives you what you like to have.

My best wishes, stay safe, stay healthy.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 01 June 2020 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2018-10-11

How does he get to colorize with the Plain and Random effector and without texture?
Minute 4.
Thank you for the previous project files. I have understood with the formula effector and field
Best
Anunciada

Posted: 01 June 2020 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Anunciada,

I have moved the post to the thread where you started the question.

In R18, Cinema 4D had no Fields. Fields allow for a different workflow. The presentation is based on R18. In R18, the main power to combine Effectors was given by the idea of Weight. Which ai a parameter/information provided by a previous Effector to an Effector who has a lower than 100% value of Weight.
If the value were 0%, the provided Weight would determine the Weight used, and with this, the effect that the Effector has on the Clones.

I have set up this information in R18. To get the same result in S22, for example, one needs to set up a Matrix Object that stores the Clones information. With that, Weight information can be given to the Fields.

Scene Files:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/Ecy6wlavEfR3jIJ3jQgI9S4i4JeouZ5viheHwHUW4Tz

Not that a scene from R18 works in S22 in this regard, but one can’t set up this in S22.

Going by the past 14 years answering questions about MoGraph, the Weight information-flow was not widely used, to say it in general.
With Fields, we have a way more powerful option now. Hence why I didn’t stress the R18 workflow at all. If the result and adjustability are the essential parts, then the replies from above (post #1) contains all you need for this.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]