A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Colored Keyframes?
Posted: 23 February 2020 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  292
Joined  2017-09-24

Hi,

Is there a way to change the color of the keyframes?

Currently, they are all white. I want to color them so I can easily distinguish the main keys and the breakdown keys

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fczpwp83dy7ey4a/c4d220_color_keyframes.jpg?dl=0

Regards,
Ben

Signature 

C4D Body Mechanics Rigs (Gumroad)  //    Website

Posted: 23 February 2020 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Ben,

The only way I’m aware of is to use Layers as a color source for individual colors per Track. This must be enabled in the Preferences>Timeline-Dopesheet> Layer Colors.

A single colorization per keyframe is not available.

Would Markers be supportive in this case?

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 27 February 2020 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2017-09-24

Hi Dr Sassi,

Thanks for the confirmation unfortunately layer color doesn’t work since it is per track.
The markers won’t work because
(1) I’d have to move along the marker when I move the key and
(2) In a single frame, there can be multiple keyframe colors. Marker can only provide one color in a single frame.

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2020 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Ben,

There is an option to just have R; G; B for, e.g., X; Y; Z.

A single individual track color is not available.

Perhaps you make a suggestion.

Cheers

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 27 February 2020 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2017-09-24

RE: Suggestion
Sure sure I will but again I will just do it at lumpsum because, as I complain before, I have to retype the details for every suggestion.

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2020 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks, Ben,

Perhaps suggest streamlining the feature request process from inside the application. Just a thought.

As I wrote before, I really like that everyone is happy, but I’m of course not in power to change things at will. Each tool, function, or process, (etc.) in Cinema 4D is the result of development and a discussion among developers and many alpha and beta testers. Often one way would exclude the other, which doesn’t mean it is not good, or the other is bad, but often things are not as simple as just implementing it in. Anyway, I can only help with what is given, and Cineversity is not the address to request changes in the application itself. That is why I mention the suggestion, the more a feature is requested, the more chances it has to get developer time.

All the best

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 27 February 2020 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2017-09-24

RE: Perhaps suggest streamlining the feature request process from inside the application. Just a thought.
Yes, I have already requested them before
(i.e. don’t let me retype the credentials again and again since I’m already log-in in Maxon Site. Just retrieved the detail in my Maxon site).
It’s not even in software itself. It is on support system site. And there are already tried and proven support system site available so the ” but often things are not as simple as just implementing it in.” is not really a good argument in this case.

RE: the more a feature is requested, the more chances it has to get developer time.
I have been hearing this, not only from you, but also from other Maxon staff from other forums.
I’d like to believe it but I find it hard to.

Unless they put a page where they list the suggestions with relevant details where we can upvote them or even just view them.
Then I will believe it. To be honest, I’m not only one with this sentiment. Check pages in other forums.

I made my peace with it (i.e. making suggestion is a futile case). “Small Suggestion” takes an unusual amount of time to be implemented even though they are not a major suggestion.

My reply is a bit negative but that’s what I really think.
I still am a happy owner C4D though, for the most part.

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2020 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Ben,

What I meant was a suggestion box inside the application.

Tried and proven systems. Well, then you talk about a standard and everything is the same after a while. That will not happen, I hope. Cinema 4D will not become Maya, Maya will not become MODO, Modo Will not become Cinema 4D: implosion.
From the outside, things always look much more straightforward than to implement a system that is aiming for a new future proof system. Long story, and not the place here nor my interest to discuss.

That re-entering process of the data is certainly not a long time goal of anyone. All I can say is, I have the impression that was voiced more often than not and is understood. Again, not an official position, just my idea.

You are not negative, you put your way of creating and the needs required to feel un-constrained and supported first. Nothing wrong with that. So far, I have the impression to have supported this.

Cheers

Signature 

NEW: